Nintendo Switch firmware update 12.1.0 available to download

assddsa.png

There's a new firmware update in town, and it's not just stability. Nintendo has pushed out official firmware version 12.1.0 for the Switch, which adds the traditional amount of general stability improvements, but also allows users to delete old system data to make room for new game updates, if you're ever in a situation where your internal or microSD storage is running low. Atmosphere CFW users will need to hold on and wait for compatibility, for now, so don't update just yet.

• If there is not enough space remaining on the system memory (internal storage) or microSD card when downloading game software update data, you can now delete old data for that software, enabling you to download the new data.
    • When deleting the old data, you won't be able to play the game until the new data has finished downloading.

:arrow: Source

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm not sure I understand what this update does. does that mean the game update installed on the system will now be deleted instead of waiting for the new download to finish first before the new game update is installed?

From what I understand it works like this....

You bought game v1.0 and have previously applied v1.1 update. 1.2 is now available but you don't have enough space to download it. This firmware will delete the 1.1 update to make enough space to download 1.2.

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand it works like this....

You bought game v1.0 and have previously applied v1.1 update. 1.2 is now available but you don't have enough space to download it. This firmware will delete the 1.1 update to make enough space to download 1.2.

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

that's what I was thinking as well, but I wasn't sure. still am not sure 'cause it's kinda vague what they mean.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pleng , I don't know if it's my imagination, but the speed at which the switch can now scan for game updates has improved. it's now like instant. it took me about 12-15 minutes to update each of my 162 games. the updates are still downloading, but going through each game's update link took considerably less time than I remember. I'm getting close to maxing out my 1TB micro sd cards in each of my 3 switches, so I may have to back them up once no more heroes 3 comes out next month.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pleng , I don't know if it's my imagination, but the speed at which the switch can now scan for game updates has improved. it's now like instant. it took me about 12-15 minutes to update each of my 162 games. the updates are still downloading, but going through each game's update link took considerably less time than I remember. I'm getting close to maxing out my 1TB micro sd cards in each of my 3 switches, so I may have to back them up once no more heroes 3 comes out next month.
offline update data? because im having same issue and i just updated
how are you scanning the games while you are offline ?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I don't know if it's my imagination, but the speed at which the switch can now scan for game updates has improved

I can't help verify I'm afraid... I haven't even used my Switch since the update came out, and the games I have rarely to never receive updates.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help verify I'm afraid... I haven't even used my Switch since the update came out, and the games I have rarely to never receive updates.
I wish that Nintendo would implement a feature to scan all games for updates. Or add updates to re-download on the eshop instead of having to manually do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs