Nintendo Switch firmware update 12.0.0 available for download

5873B94B-772F-4A7B-8975-6C6C1E96E488.jpeg

A new update has been detected! Nintendo has just put out a system software update for the Nintendo Switch, which brings the console up to official firmware version 12.0.0. This time around, we have an actual reason as to what this update entails: a “rare” save backup error had been resolved. The changelog mentions nothing else, despite it being an update from 11.0.1 to 12.0.0. If you haven’t already learned by now, don’t update your hacked systems until you have the all-clear from established scene hackers.

Ver. 12.0.0 (Released April 5, 2021)
We fixed the issue with the save data backup feature, where in rare cases, the automatic backup of save data is interrupted if a communication error occurs during completion of the save data backup process.

:arrow: Source

RedDragonEmperor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to ask.
I'm using a mariko switch with a sx core mod chip but uses hekate and atmosphere.
Am I correct to assume that if I update my sysnand 12.0.0 via stock firmware, I won't be able to boot it since hekate doesn't support it?
How long does hekate usually update whenever a new firmware release to support it? I'm kinda locked out of playing MH Rise online because of this new FW update.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They could've just easily used something like Qualcomm's AptX Low Latency protocol, more and more devices are starting to support AptX protocols in general nowadays. Also imo Bluetooth audio isn't as bad as you describe it...
You dont even need AptX, even AAC does the trick. Many people seem to think Bluetooth is still what it was 5-10 years ago...

Last edited by kevin corms,

toniisound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
finaly, it seems that no e-fuse are burn during this upgrade.
I supposed it, because generaly, e-fuse burn at each majour firmware upgrade to avoid downgrade
Unknown to some people ;)
Really?
Can you post any source link about the savegame exploit?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

finaly, it seems that no e-fuse are burn during this upgrade.
I supposed it, because generaly, e-fuse burn at each majour firmware upgrade to avoid downgrade
sorry, I was referring to the savegame exploit.
Is It real?

Reactions: banjo2

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to ask.
I'm using a mariko switch with a sx core mod chip but uses hekate and atmosphere.
Am I correct to assume that if I update my sysnand 12.0.0 via stock firmware, I won't be able to boot it since hekate doesn't support it?
How long does hekate usually update whenever a new firmware release to support it? I'm kinda locked out of playing MH Rise online because of this new FW update.
You are correct in assuming that. You can visit the github page for Hekate to see the timeline of their previous release, and make your own judgement on their expediency.

Reactions: mranonymous

mranonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct in assuming that. You can visit the github page for Hekate to see the timeline of their previous release, and make your own judgement on their expediency.

This was a great idea thank you. Some releases show hope (being fixed only a day after some FW releases), and then a few of them were 10+ days, so crossing my fingers that it will be closer to a few days

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ones who were arrested were NOT the developers, you know the one's that created the chips and software! Hence why we still got a 11.0.0 update after the arrests/
But uneducated, basement dwelling, still getting mothers milk straight from the tap, kiddo's don't get it and never will.
You are only here to troll, SO GET THE FUCK OUT!

Reactions: digipimp75

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
It may just bel the dongle, but I have a Bluetooth dongle that uses AptX, and the latency is really really awful.
Make sure the audio device that you are connecting to also supports AptX, also make sure that the dongle actually has the AptX certification.

I normally use AptX with my phone or walkman connected to my headphones and it works great, I even sometimes play rhythm games over Bluetooth (with a slight delay obviously, but way better than regular Bluetooth which can be easily fixed with some offset)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated my main switch. what I wish is that it wouldn't try to force you to update while in game. I did this just in case I forgot.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
This is the question.

I still find it odd: 11.0.0 got a quick update but 11.0.1 was never heard of. Just doesn't make sense, that they did not adjust for this minor update when they were still around.
You need to leave your cave, dude. The group is being hunted down by the FBI, the important members are already in jail.
Unless a weird miracle happens soon, SX is dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs