Nintendo Switch firmware update 10.2.0 now live, Atmosphere updated to support it

Gear-NintendoSwitchLite_artwork_05.jpg

What better way to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Super Mario, than with a brand new update for your Nintendo Switch? The latest firmware update has gone live, bringing the console to version 10.2.0, and as unsurprisingly as always, offers general system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience. For those that are running Atmosphere, you'll want to refrain for updating, just for a little while, as the CFW isn't compatible quite yet with this new firmware. SciresM will fortunately get an Atmosphere update out that supports 10.2.0 later tonight.

:arrow: Source

EDIT:

Atmosphere has been updated to 0.14.3, which now supports the latest Nintendo Switch firmware update.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When they push out these updates that break cfw, I wonder if they think "Oh yeah, we got them this time!".
if that's what they were thinking, it pisses me off as a legit user. At least Sony adds features while also beefing up security. The number of people who pirate on the switch has got to be less than 1%, but ironically that's the only percentage Nintendo seems to care about.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a minor update and will likely come with a new sdk version, so new features were added. Just not ones the average user can easily/directly see/use.

They've been working on 11.0.0 for the past several months and it'll probably release in October or November, shit takes time, lol.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's a minor update and will likely come with a new sdk version, so new features were added. Just not ones the average user can easily/directly see/use.

They've been working on 11.0.0 for the past several months and it'll probably release in October or November, shit takes time, lol.
Yes, because their major revisions have been totally exciting. Ha!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Their major updates have consistently been absolutely massive since March 2017, most of the changes are just things normal people can't see.
11.0 will be adding something that some will probably find to be nice, but "meh"
That doesn't really excuse the lack of features that people have been requesting. "Behind the scenes" means literally nothing to the end user.. For the reason you mentioned. They don't notice it, so they don't care. 11.0 might come with some new feature, but "meh" I feel won't even begin to describe it.

Sneethan

Trophies
Website
cutt.ly
XP
Country
Australia
you're preaching to the choir, my friend. I want themes, backing up saves via usb, and maybe even achievements (they could call them stamps or something since they use them in a lot of games).

I definately get where you are coming from but there are challenges with those great ideas that i really want to see,
1 i feel like the achievments boat has sailed off. Even if they try to put it on your friend profile, not every game will support it and it will end up like cloud saves did.
2 i really want themes back but where are they going to put them? a section of the eshop kinda makes sense but they were such a rip off on the 3ds.
(i also want the rearranged menu style that cfw users get to be brought to ofw)
3 saves would be amazing but this is nintendo, they wont do it just to stop the tiny amount of cheaters that actually affect online play. Maybe it could be like the 3ds where most software supported it but you had 10 slots? or are cloud saves the evolution?
anyway love the ideas good job.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulkan:shrek:
Vulkan has been supported since like, before 1.0.0 :thonk:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That doesn't really excuse the lack of features that people have been requesting. "Behind the scenes" means literally nothing to the end user.. For the reason you mentioned. They don't notice it, so they don't care. 11.0 might come with some new feature, but "meh" I feel won't even begin to describe it.
They're still big updates, regardless of what users see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.