Nintendo Switch firmware 6.0 leaked and confirmed, Sept 3 release likely

IMG_0825.JPG

Earlier this year, back in March, we saw the release of a brand new 5.0.0 firmware update for the Nintendo Switch. It was an overall minor update, giving users better control over their parental controls, changing the way the news app entries were filtered, and a handful of new avatars. Now, we're almost to September, and a new milestone firmware is on the horizon. A 6.0.0 update has been leaked by the CDN, and some of its contents were datamined. The update file itself currently lurks in the darker parts of the web, if one dares to hunt it out. It's not advised that you try to mess with that, however.

While the full details of the update are not currently clear, hackers have datamined the update with fairly interesting results. Like the last update, there's new avatars, this time focusing on Captain Toad. There's 2 Toad avatars, 2 Toadette, 1 Draggadon, and 1 Wingo that have been added.

RgyyjKj.jpg

This is also an update that prepares for the imminent launch of the Nintendo Online Services, with a new slogan on the eShop being written as "More Games, More Features, More Fun". Cloud save data backups have been added, too, and will happen automatically if you put your system into sleep mode. Supposedly, measures have also been put in place through telemetry in order to have a higher rate of detection on those who use exploits and CFW. There may also be a new master key.

Furthermore, a large banner of controller icons were datamined, with NES and SNES controllers. What their purpose is has not been identified yet. Theories range from it bringing new controller type support, or icons for the new NES and SNES games that will be offered with the online service. A release of potentially Monday next week, September 3 has been cited as the most likely time that the update will drop. Regardless of when the update hits, a news post covering the official release and its details will be posted, so stay tuned.

Dl6JfJCU8AA-PVG.jpg

As always, if you value keeping your system primed for homebrew, you'll want to refrain from updating before a full breakdown is available. Are you wary of this update? Excited? Shocked that it's not just stability patches? What do you think of the new 6.0.0 update?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't really think this thread is appropriate to talk about this kind of stuff :unsure:

All 3 companies only care about your money. They don't care about you. They will only do things when it's in their best interests. Cross-Play was not in Microsoft's best interest last generation, so they didn't allow it. Currently, it's not in Sony's best interest, so they don't allow it. Whenever Microsoft take the lead again, you bet your ass they will both be taking the other side again. It's just how things work. So they are all "anti-consumer" until it benefits them.

As for PS+, XBL Gold, and Nintendo Switch online. Eh, online multiplayer should be free imo, but it is what it is. Whether or not you find one worth it over the other is really subjective. If a service doesn't interest you, speak with your wallet and don't buy it. As I have been doing on PS4, XB1, and will also probably do with the Switch in a few weeks.
Obviously they want money. They're businesses. Not one business in the world isn't interested in money. It's the value we're discussing. At the end of the day it's subjective views in terms of what your preference is.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first two allow cross play and are looking at ways to expand horizons for gamers. I don't follow.
What is there not to follow? Microsoft has been the most consumer friendly this gen and Sony has been the least. I was going to rank Nintendo as a tie with Sony, but the president's recent statements put them at the bottom.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyway, that conversation is off topic, does anyone think this update is actually releasing tomorrow?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There you go. This is the best answer I have seen in this thread. The companies want money. Period. (But, yeah, Xbox, it's more a scam than others imo)

beside the graphics, hardware and exclusives Xbox1 is a better home system than ps4 by a large margin

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I have never played PS4 but guess it could be that way. As for the graphics I don't really care, I grew up on the NES era so, I like good games not graphics. I have the X1 S and to be honest only liked about 4 games, but to each their own.

beside the graphics, hardware and exclusives Xbox1 is a better home system than ps4 by a large margin

Reactions: DuoForce

Nessuser1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I don't know if anyone has said it but when does everyone think the 6.0 update will drop tomorrow if rumors are true I think it will either come out in the morning for me and I live in Alabama but that is different for other people and my reason behind this is because people will wake up or already be awake to something good now if it doesn't come out in the morning then I think it will drop at night for me.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never played PS4 but guess it could be that way. As for the graphics I don't really care, I grew up on the NES era so, I like good games not graphics. I have the X1 S and to be honest only liked about 4 games, but to each their own.

playing any sort of multimedia or app on xb1 is far superior than ps4, xbox live lets you keep the monthly games while ps+ is rental. I only game on nintendo

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol what exclusives i think your confused multiplats ARE NOT exclusives and indys/apps don't count! the 1x is just an inferior PC with a ripoff online system filled with the most toxic community on earth. everything you can do on it you can do on the pc FREE (including it's games/not exclusives) halo and forza BOTH on the pc :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why? give examples

only 360 titles

if you torrent a film or show you can wath it on xbox but not ps4, also xbox can play any format and ps4 is limited

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol what exclusives i think your confused multiplats ARE NOT exclusives and indys/apps don't count! the 1x is just an inferior PC with a ripoff online system filled with the most toxic community on earth. everything you can do on it you can do on the pc FREE (including it's games/not exclusives) halo and forza BOTH on the pc :lol:

horzon zero dawn is better than quantum break lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM