Nintendo Switch Firmware 3.0 Hacks Made Public

C7CkHQdXEAMQKe1.jpg

Team Reswitched has made their webkit exploit toolkit known as PegaSwitch available to the public! The newest version now supports up to firmware version 3.0, and comes with an Open Sourced SDK known as libtransistor so homebrew developers can get started on the console. They -even- released a Switch Homebrew emulator (they made it clear it will not emulate games) so you can debug and test homebrew without having to use the Switch every time!

With Switch homebrew still in it's infancy, don't expect anything crazy for a while still... but what an exciting time for the community!

:arrow:Check it out here!
:discuss:Discussion Here!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice to see they finally opened the homebrew development to everyone.
It makes me want to buy a Switch, but it's a little expansive just for PongSwitch :lol:

That's a joke of course, there are games I want which will be released soon, but will require an update... no, I won't buy two of them!

Last edited by Cyan,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dosent it sting to now see how they've sacrificed online play for a bit?
granted it was only for a bit though

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. Can't wait until some backup loaders start emergin!
Hi,i think it would take some time ,years probably (and i hope because the console is begining to make developers decided no create more games for it).Team Reswitched is smart and i am sure they will only release an userland exploit which would allow homebrew,emulators,modding games-saves?(i wish they create some tool as wii Riivolution/Cafiine),install game updates without fimware
upgrade ,fimware spoofing ? i hope this

Last edited by cualquiercosa327,

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,i think it would take some time ,years probably (and i hope because the console is begining to make developers decided no create more games for it).Team Reswitched is smart and i am sure they will only release an userland exploit which would allow homebrew,emulators,modding games-saves?(i wish they create some tool as wii Riivolution)

Don't you remeber the 3DS CFW drama in 2014? It can happen.

http://web.archive.org/web/20141101171320/http://govanify.x10host.com/3DS_CFW.html

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country

yes,i know it can happen but i wish it take some time.I will lie if i said i never pirated some games nor i like CFW but i think
the best for the console successfull is it take its time : if the console is easily pirated the developers,more in concret 3th party which are begining to trust on switch will stop and it is contraproducent.
if you wanna play pirated games buy a wii u and enjoy its amazing games : it is a console which would have no more huge games.

In fact ps4 dumps was available some time ago (and i am sure than probably backup loader was also) but until recently it has no been available.

Last edited by cualquiercosa327,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C7CkHQdXEAMQKe1.jpg

Team Reswitched has made their webkit exploit toolkit known as PegaSwitch available to the public! The newest version now supports up to firmware version 3.0, and comes with an Open Sourced SDK known as libtransistor so homebrew developers can get started on the console. They -even- released a Switch Homebrew emulator (they made it clear it will not emulate games) so you can debug and test homebrew without having to use the Switch every time!

With Switch homebrew still in it's infancy, don't expect anything crazy for a while still... but what an exciting time for the community!

:arrow:Check it out here!
:discuss:Discussion Here!
>accidentally updated to 3.01 then to 3.0.2
>FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Reactions: fedehda

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
[...]
... i think the best for the console successfull is it take its time : if the console is easily pirated the developers,more in concret 3th party which are begining to trust on switch will stop and it is contraproducent.

There's this vicious circle on consoles: the more console units there are, the more developers are interested in making games for them, and the more games there are, the more people are interested in buying the consoles, and so on.

It's why Nintendo invests heavily into a good games line-up at the beginning of each console they release, to get people interested in buying the consoles, and once enough people bought them, more developers are interested (because nobody wants to release a game on a platform that barely has any users).

...and piracy can help with that.

I have collected around 30 "legit" PSP games since I bought a PSP Slim the day 3.60 M33 came out - games that I would've never bought otherwise. Think of it this way, the PSP was hackable since day one and piracy was rampant on the damn thing, but developers took a look at those 50 mil units sold and said "yes, there's a large potential market, we'll release a game on it", while on the Vita it was just the opposite. I think the lack of piracy is what killed the Vita. If more people bought the Vita (outside of Japan), developers would've released more games on it. I'm sure of it.

Last edited by DSpider,
Reactions: BerserkLeon

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yaaaay we're making progress!

we have full control now

Can't wait to see the first non-browser exploit for this thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4