Nintendo Switch firmware 14.1.0 now available, new Atmosphere 1.3.1 released immediately after

Screenshot_20220119-183921_Brave.jpg

Would you believe it? Nintendo has pushed out a new firmware update for the Nintendo Switch, bringing us to version 14.1.0. This time around, there's not even a mention of stability in the patch notes, merely a change regarding Platinum Point notifications for Nintendo Switch Online. Not long after, SciresM also released the latest update for Atmosphere--1.3.1--which adds support for this new firmware.

"Platinum Point Notification Settings" has been added under Notifications in System Settings.

• Unclaimed Platinum Points earned from completing Nintendo Switch Online missions on your Nintendo Switch system will generate notifications.
  • Setting these notifications to OFF will hide the notification sent when there are unclaimed Platinum Points.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by shaunj66,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Based on what he said about multiplatform games, I think he just talking about framerates and general resolution, and favoring using a PS4? My only gripe is they compromised the PS4's definitive version graphically as it was rebuilt with the Switch in mind. It doesn't seem too bad. I just don't know if I would prefer to have it on the Switch or the PS myself.
With most multiplatform games then yes I can see the point as they usually start off life on the PS4/Xbox/PC then get downgraded to the Switch. But with XI Definitive Edition they took the Switch version and ported it back to the PS4 and made pretty much no changes to graphics ect. Why they made the decision on PlayStation/PC to not just added the extra content as dlc into the original version of the game is beyond me. You end up with more content but worse graphics than the original version.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To make a really good game, then to make a "definitive" version that compromises some of its integrity has a way of making both games feel incomplete. SE has a talent for that kind of thing. Maybe just by playing the definitive version I'll get over it.

Reactions: AmandaRose

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unpopular opinion: Atmosphere version numbering should just be the same as Nintendo's version, to avoid confusion.
That would be deeply confusing and would work horribly.
AMS is effectively its own OS at this point and fairly regularly has its own large updates completely independent of Nintendo's.
And not all of AMS's components are directly equivalent to Nintendo's latest versions (especially with initial support releases).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is a need. NO HDD support after all this time!!!!!!!!!! it is unspeakable and unbearable! and ridiciliously hypocritical.
Nobody needs HDD support. It's impractical to use on a handheld and 1TB MicroSD cards are cheap now. IMO, the only reason people still care about HDD support is because they've been using it already and don't want to switch because it requires some effort. People hacking their Switch now are probably not gonna care.
I see MicroSD as vastly superior to a slow, bulky, power hungry mechanical drive. A 1TB MicroSD is plenty to hold every Switch game you would want to play.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Lol. I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. You need to use Daybreak. I don't know why you'd rip the sysnand firmware unless darthsternie is too slow for you. It just saves some steps, like using a computer.
I didn't read the github until about yesterday and yeah.. I'm a bit to speedy to be smart huh. Though maybe one day someone could put some of daybreak's code into aio-S-U, if dyabreak is open source.

Reactions: tabzer

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
That would be deeply confusing and would work horribly.
AMS is effectively its own OS at this point and fairly regularly has its own large updates completely independent of Nintendo's.
And not all of AMS's components are directly equivalent to Nintendo's latest versions (especially with initial support releases).
The numbers being different is just too hard for some people, tell Sciresm he needs to change it asap

BrandonSWITCH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I'm gonna risk sacrificing my switch and use the latest firmware with SysCFW online, wish me luck guys. I have been running 13.X.X for the last couple of months online with SysCFW and haven't got banned yet..

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.