Nintendo Switch firmware 14.0.0 released, finally adds folder support

Screenshot_20220321-194402_Brave.jpg

More than five years after the launch of the Nintendo Switch, the console has gotten a major quality of life feature. Added in today's 14.0.0 firmware update was the "Groups" feature, which gives users the ability to collect their games and organize them into folders. If you have more than 12 games, you can navigate to the All Software tab, where you'll be prompted to select which games you'd like to put into a group, and then name it. The Switch can have up to 100 different groups with up to 200 individual games within each group.

:arrow: Source

Ver. 14.0.0 (Released March 21, 2022)​

"Groups" feature was added to the All Software menu.

• You can now create groups of software to help organize your software titles.
  • Making groups for different game genres, developers, or whatever you’d like to organize by may make it easier to find the application you want.
    • Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
  • The button to proceed to the "All Software" screen is displayed only when there are 13 or more software title icons on the system.
  • For more information, see How to Create Groups of Software.

Bluetooth® Audio volume behavior was changed.

• You can now adjust the volume of Bluetooth audio devices using either the Nintendo Switch™ console or through volume control buttons on the Bluetooth audio device.
    • The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
  • The volume displayed on the console will reflect the Bluetooth audio volume when using the device’s control buttons.
  • The maximum volume output for some Bluetooth audio devices has been increased.

UPDATE March 22nd: If you are running Atmosphere, it is recommended by SciresM that you avoid updating until the newest version is released as there are a number of changes in 14.0.0. It is currently in the works but will take a bit longer than most minor updates.

Atmosphere-14.0.0-Update.jpeg
Screenshot courtesy for @Alexander1970

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I just tried it. It's not folders like what people thought - it's just a way to manage your games by grouping them. It's good for pirates with a gazillion games but for everyday users, this is not practical as you have to press a series of buttons to reach the group menu.

Windows 11 has no folders to manage the apps too. I wonder if these companies are planning to sell folders as NFT?

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A feature so important that they only managed to sell 100,000,000 Switches before adding it. Too bad they focused on providing features that actually mattered the first five years.
Lol, yeah, it's totally a defense to not have QOL features just because it sold well without them. That's like defending releasing a subpar game in a known franchise because you know people will buy it anyway. I sure love the 50 thousand stability updates they wasted time working on instead of actually adding requested features, but surely you think all the poorly guised and totally useless exploit fixes were so much more important just because it sold well despite them.

Reactions: Tatsuna

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
About that Bluetooth audio volume adjustment, I can already do that already prior to this update. So this wasn't implemented before?

Regardless, the new folder feature is a welcome addition.
before you can adjust the volume on the console buttons, but not with the earphone buttons, now you can.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plenty of games use 0a and 0c, but I've never seen one use 0b. so I wonder why it was added in the first place.
They'll usually bump the key revision and fuse count in updates that have security fixes, then shortly after they'll release an sdk update with authoring tools updated for the new key revision.
If there aren't many games that use key revision 0b, then not a ton of developers were running the sdk versions with authoring tools that default to 0b when they were creating their master roms.

DCarnage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But where is the "General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience."?! We can't live without the "General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.".

Reactions: Aerocool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2