Nintendo Switch firmware 14.0.0 released, finally adds folder support

Screenshot_20220321-194402_Brave.jpg

More than five years after the launch of the Nintendo Switch, the console has gotten a major quality of life feature. Added in today's 14.0.0 firmware update was the "Groups" feature, which gives users the ability to collect their games and organize them into folders. If you have more than 12 games, you can navigate to the All Software tab, where you'll be prompted to select which games you'd like to put into a group, and then name it. The Switch can have up to 100 different groups with up to 200 individual games within each group.

:arrow: Source

Ver. 14.0.0 (Released March 21, 2022)​

"Groups" feature was added to the All Software menu.

• You can now create groups of software to help organize your software titles.
  • Making groups for different game genres, developers, or whatever you’d like to organize by may make it easier to find the application you want.
    • Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
  • The button to proceed to the "All Software" screen is displayed only when there are 13 or more software title icons on the system.
  • For more information, see How to Create Groups of Software.

Bluetooth® Audio volume behavior was changed.

• You can now adjust the volume of Bluetooth audio devices using either the Nintendo Switch™ console or through volume control buttons on the Bluetooth audio device.
    • The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
  • The volume displayed on the console will reflect the Bluetooth audio volume when using the device’s control buttons.
  • The maximum volume output for some Bluetooth audio devices has been increased.

UPDATE March 22nd: If you are running Atmosphere, it is recommended by SciresM that you avoid updating until the newest version is released as there are a number of changes in 14.0.0. It is currently in the works but will take a bit longer than most minor updates.

Atmosphere-14.0.0-Update.jpeg
Screenshot courtesy for @Alexander1970

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my sweet atelier games finally in some kind of logical order

1647910160224.png

I just wish you could open the groups from the main menu instead of having to go to all apps first, gotta love the nintendo caveat™

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

-snip-

I just wish you could open the groups from the main menu instead of having to go to all apps first, gotta love the nintendo caveat™
Is it worth playing them all, by the way? I only got the new one right now (Sophie 2) but I know RPGs can tend to suck a lot of time out of you lol. Which ones *don't* have the time limit stuff? I think Ryza and Sophie don't, at least (correct?)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 302737

Of COURSE there's a catch.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it worth playing them all, by the way? I only got the new one right now (Sophie 2) but I know RPGs can tend to suck a lot of time out of you lol. Which ones *don't* have the time limit stuff? I think Ryza and Sophie don't, at least (correct?)
I haven't actually played them all, but I love the ones I have got to already, even with the timers. Ryza and Sophie don't have that though. As our lovely @Ericzander has said before, it's a great series to chip away at and just take a game at a time between other things. You'd easily burn out trying to marathon them.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tbh this update fixes a stupid problem I've been having. I like the All Software page to be all nice and tidy, and it bugs me when you don't have enough games to fill a row and just have a row with 1-2 squares on it. with groups it doesn't matter, I can just figure out a way to sort my games in a way where it looks tidy.

I haven't actually played them all, but I love the ones I have got to already, even with the timers. Ryza and Sophie don't have that though. As our lovely @Ericzander has said before, it's a great series to chip away at and just take a game at a time between other things. You'd easily burn out trying to marathon them.
One more thing. I know Sophie 2 can be enjoyed without playing the first game beforehand, because the world the game happens in is completely unrelated to the first game, but Ryza 2 is a direct sequel chronologically to the first one, so would playing 2 without playing the first game cause any issues?

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Speaking of fuses, I'm interested in knowing if there is a new masterkey (and did any games even ever end up using masterkey 11? Never seen one...)

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About that Bluetooth audio volume adjustment, I can already do that already prior to this update. So this wasn't implemented before?

Regardless, the new folder feature is a welcome addition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1