Hardware Nintendo switch can't connect to Motorola E40 WiFi hotspot

Morricorne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Always i have connection error. On switch lite and previously owned v1 hacked switch.
No matter if i use password or No. In Motorola i have stock Android 11.
I used other Android device (Xiaomi Pocophone F1 with lineageos Android 10 and wpa2). With xiaomi device. Switch don't have problem to connect to WiFi hotspot. I tested with switch lite and previously owned v1 hacked switch.
Anyone know what can fix this issue?
Its really frustating. Anyone know how to fix this? Any help will be apperciate.

Morricorne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It just doesn't connect or it doesn't see it at all?
I have connection error with red dot. With Pocophone F1 switches connect without problem. Its really frustating. Cause i need swap sim cards from Motorola to Pocophone when i want browse internet. Or download from eshop on switch lite.
Other devices like laptop or Any Android device can connect without problem with Motorola E40

Morricorne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Here's a shot -

the switch only supports wifi authentication up to WPA2
on your E40 make sure it's not set to use WPA3
on your E40 change the hotspot security from WPA2/WPA3-Personal to WPA2-Personal.
I have in WiFi hotspot
WPA3- Personal
WPA2/WPA3- Personal
WPA2 - Personal
Nothing
I test those setting tommorow when im back from work.
Post automatically merged:

You can try to see if you can change the broadcast channel if there is one.
Unfortunately, I can't
Post automatically merged:

Tested Today with all avaible setting. WPA3 /WPA2 without security. Switch can't connect to Motorola hotspot. Always i have this error. Nothing help

Attachments

• IMG_20221214_145634_270.jpg
    IMG_20221214_145634_270.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
Last edited by Morricorne,
Reactions: emustateofplay

Morricorne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Another test Today. I tested old BlackBerry 9320 curve hotspot. WPA2. Nintendo Switch can connect without problem with BlackBerry. Im really confused whats going On and why this happen.

emustateofplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
along with a simple ssid name, try a new simpler wifi password too. make sure you delete the wireless profile from the switch entirely before recreating / reconnecting

Reactions: DarekW

DarekW

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
along with a simple ssid name, try a new simpler wifi password too. make sure you delete the wireless profile from the switch entirely before recreating / reconnecting

We had a hotspot with a name something like "moto e40 2345", after changing it to "moto" we manage to connect and turn off security(without a password) we manage to connect Switch with Motorola e40 for the first time.
Later we set WPA2 and password with big letters and underscore("_"). We faced the issue again. Finally, we changed the hotspot name once again(to "moto1") and set the password that contains 8 same letters and manage to connect Switch with e40 again.

Thank you randy_w and emustateofplay

Morricorne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We had a hotspot with a name something like "moto e40 2345", after changing it to "moto" we manage to connect and turn off security(without a password) we manage to connect Switch with Motorola e40 for the first time.
Later we set WPA2 and password with big letters and underscore("_"). We faced the issue again. Finally, we changed the hotspot name once again(to "moto1") and set the password that contains 8 same letters and manage to connect Switch with e40 again.

Thank you randy_w and emustateofplay
I not tried use my e40 as switch hotshop anymore. I have second use motorola g6 device. With g6 Android 11 lineageos. Switch connect to hotspot without problem.
I use my e40 WiFi hotspot to connect my laptop only. When i need this only.
Last time i tried use e40 and switch. Still no luck with that. I just give up

nozonda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I not tried use my e40 as switch hotshop anymore. I have second use motorola g6 device. With g6 Android 11 lineageos. Switch connect to hotspot without problem.
I use my e40 WiFi hotspot to connect my laptop only. When i need this only.
Last time i tried use e40 and switch. Still no luck with that. I just give up
Potential fix: adjust the apn settings for the phone. Was having the same issue with the moto g stylus 5g when I upgraded. Basically make a new APN with the same settings as the default, except change the IP protocol to IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
Potential fix: adjust the apn settings for the phone. Was having the same issue with the moto g stylus 5g when I upgraded. Basically make a new APN with the same settings as the default, except change the IP protocol to IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6.
I'm always interested when I see a necro bump with a potential solution. Just wonder how you came across this thread to offer the help.

Like, most necro bumps are from people searching for a problem they have. Did you randomly decide to see if anyone else had a problem like this? Was it in a post suggestion or something?

P. S. Please don't take offence to this, genuinely curious.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Morricorne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't know, I don't have a Nintendo Switch anymore. And Motorola E40. Steam deck and Motorola g100 has no problems connecting steam deck and Motorola. Internet settings are factory and everything works. But thanks for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.