Helpswitchplease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My Switch is definitely jail breakable. I've checked the serial against the spreadsheet.

I bought a jig and attempted to use that to boot into RCM, that didn't work. So I had an extra rail and I soldered pins 9 and 10 together. But this still doesn't work. I'm using Windows 10. I'm using Tegra RCM. I've held the Power + Volume button but it just doesn't boot. If I hold the power it will boot, but not with the volume + Yeah, I formatted my SD card to FAT32 and put the atmosphere on there.

On the verge of giving up as I bought the Switch for the post of JBing it. Any help would so.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be your usb cable, or try this hold power and + for 15 seconds, release, hold power and + for 2 seconds, hook cable up to switch and PC, send payload.

Note that RCM itself is a black screen, it's only a payload that will bring up CFW.

I remember when I first got my switch I had a similar issue and everyone on here was telling me I had an unhackable switch, but it ended up being the jig not working. Once I got it working never had a problem again.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Helpswitchplease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could be your usb cable, or try this hold power and + for 15 seconds, release, hold power and + for 2 seconds, hook cable up to switch and PC, send payload.

Note that RCM itself is a black screen, it's only a payload that will bring up CFW.

I remember when I first got my switch I had a similar issue and everyone on here was telling me I had an unhackable switch, but it ended up being the jig not working. Once I got it working never had a problem again.

I added an image here. Could you tell me if this is an alright set up? Pins 9 and 10 soldered. Yeah, tried different USB cable, but no luck.

Attachments

• jig.JPG
    jig.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 397

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure I never soldered any pins, I just bought a jig for $2 on Ebay. You just put it in the rail and you can enter RCM by hitting power and +.

Someone else will probably know.

Helpswitchplease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure I never soldered any pins, I just bought a jig for $2 on Ebay. You just put it in the rail and you can enter RCM by hitting power and +.

Someone else will probably know.

The jig shorts pin 1 and 10. I did try running a wire from pin 1 to 10 but no luck there. I don't think I have to solder the actual pins (Ones at the bottom) as this will get the same result I believe.

Do you think it's the PC? I could try my laptop, but i doubt that would achieve anything.

Souperman9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The jig shorts pin 1 and 10. I did try running a wire from pin 1 to 10 but no luck there. I don't think I have to solder the actual pins (Ones at the bottom) as this will get the same result I believe.

Do you think it's the PC? I could try my laptop, but i doubt that would achieve anything.
If your screen remains black after the combo, you're in rcm. Have you installed the driver on your computer?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might not be much help but just so you know if you can successfully send the payload once you can activate AutoRCM then you never have to worry about a jig again. When you power on your Switch it'll go straight to RCM. Still have to send payload though, so I just use sleep a lot to avoid having to do that either.

Reactions: Helpswitchplease

Helpswitchplease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it remains black. But Tegra RCM doesn't say anything like what it does in the tutorial vidoes (RCM OK) there's no way for me to inject the payload as the button isn't activated (inject payload is a light grey colour).

What driver are you referring to? No tutorial said to install one, maybe that's the problem. Could you link me it please

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it remains black. But Tegra RCM doesn't say anything like what it does in the tutorial vidoes (RCM OK) there's no way for me to inject the payload as the button isn't activated (inject payload is a light grey colour).

What driver are you referring to? No tutorial said to install one, maybe that's the problem. Could you link me it please

It's in TegraRCMGUI, settings > install driver.

Helpswitchplease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That was it lol? 5 hours soldering and making sure there wans't any sloder joints. Wow, just wow. Cheers for the help dude

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If your screen remains black after the combo, you're in rcm. Have you installed the driver on your computer?

It's in TegraRCMGUI, settings > install driver.

Right so now, I injected the payload. However, it says:

Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x7000 byte SETUP request!
Payload successfully injected
RCM device disconnected

When I inject, it says it's successful then a second later it disconnects. But the Atmosphere logo shows up on the Switch and then attempts to boot into Atmosphere but boots back into the Normal nintendo OS

Windows makes that disconnecting sound the moment it says RCM successfully injected.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TegraRCM is supposed to disconnect after you send the payload and leave RCM, is it only able to recognize RCM, so that's normal. Are you sure it's booting back into Normal Nintendo OS? I mean it looks exactly the same regardless if you're in CFW or OFW. Unless you have games downloaded from the internet installed you wouldn't notice any difference.

Actually you can tell by checking Album if you see Homebrew stuff there you're in CFW, if not you're not.

Helpswitchplease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TegraRCM is supposed to disconnect after you send the payload and leave RCM, is it only able to recognize RCM, so that's normal. Are you sure it's booting back into Normal Nintendo OS? I mean it looks exactly the same regardless if you're in CFW or OFW. Unless you have games downloaded from the internet installed you wouldn't notice any difference.

Actually you can tell by checking Album if you see Homebrew stuff there you're in CFW, if not you're not.

Right, I press R+ A and it takes me to atmosphere. But it says on the top in bold letters Applet Mode. I click on hbmenu and it says reboot to payload. I do that and it's still the same.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're able to access homebrew menu then you're in cfw, you don't need to reboot to payload.

I am clueless about the rest of what you said. I have never seen an Applet Mode, or never pressed R + A to go to Atmosphere. I don't know what you're talking about.

Oh you're holding R on an game and launching it to get the extra ram?

Maybe again someone else needs to help because I haven't used Atmosphere since like December.

Helpswitchplease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're able to access homebrew menu then you're in cfw, you don't need to reboot to payload.

I am clueless about the rest of what you said. I have never seen an Applet Mode, or never pressed R + A to go to Atmosphere. I don't know what you're talking about.

Oh you're holding R on an game and launching it to get the extra ram?

Maybe again someone else needs to help because I haven't used Atmosphere since like December.

Great. Thank you for the help. Sorry, if I asked too many questions. Just that I'm not used to doing these things. I'm 39 and just wanted to do it for my Son. He's installed some homebrew such as Tinfoil and has taken it from there. Thanks a bunch and thanks everyone for your inputs.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I press R+ A and it takes me to atmosphere. But it says on the top in bold letters Applet Mode. I click on hbmenu and it says reboot to payload. I do that and it's still the same.
hbmenu displaying “applet mode” just means hbmenu is running as an applet, applets have some limitations (like only having access to ~400mb of ram), which may cause issues with some homebrew, which is why that warning is there.

The recommended method of launching hbmenu is by holding R while launching an application (a game, a demo, youtube, etc).

I have never seen an Applet Mode
An Applet Mode indicator was very recently added the hbmenu

Bober791

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How delete this. I don't know what causes this applet mode.

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_075728.jpg
    IMG_20190910_075728.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 393

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all