Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 firmware update available

IMG_3330.JPG

It's that time again! Nintendo has just released a new update for the Nintendo Switch. Firmware 8.0.0 is available to download, and there's actual new features alongside our beloved stability. Switch users can now sort software on the home menu by amount of playtime, most recently played, title, and publisher. For the avatar fanatics among us, there are 15 new profile pictures to choose from for your account. Most notably among the additions that version 8.0.0 brings is the ability to transfer individual save files to another Nintendo Switch console. On the homebrew front, you'll likely want to skip out on this update, as it patches Deja Vu, and other major exploits.

Improvements Included in Version 8.0.0 (Distributed 04/15/2019)
Added the following system functionality:
  • A Sort Software feature is available after selecting to view All Software from the HOME Menu
    • Software can be sorted by time last played, total play time, software title, and software publisher
    • The All Software option displays when there are 13 or more software icons on the HOME Menu
  • A View All Available News option is available within News, allowing you to view all news items currently being distributed
    • Go to News > Channel List > View More
  • Select from 15 new icons from the Splatoon™ 2 and Yoshi’s Crafted World™ games for your user
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the HOME Menu > Profile
  • A feature to Transfer Your Save Data is now available, allowing you to transfer your save data for individual games between your Nintendo Switch systems
    • Go to System Settings > Data Management > Transfer Your Save Data
    • Save data will not remain on your source system after the transfer process completes
  • A Zoom feature can be enabled from within System Settings
    • Go to System Settings > System to turn Zoom ON
    • Once enabled, you can use the Zoom feature by pressing the HOME Button twice
  • An option is available to prevent the system from waking from Sleep Mode when an AC adapter is disconnected
    • Go to System Settings > Sleep Mode > Wake When AC Adapter is Disconnected
    • This also applies when undocking your console
  • A VR Mode (3D Visuals) restriction is available within Parental Controls
    • This will also be available in the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app through a later update
    • Go to System Settings > Parental Controls
    • These settings can also be changed from within Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit
  • Hong Kong / Taiwan / South Korea is available for selection in Region
    • Go to System Settings > System > Region
  • The following names have been changed (functionality remains the same)
    • Save Data Cloud Backup > Save Data Cloud
    • Transfer Your User and Save Data > Transfer Your User Data

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my switch updated without me realizing it was doing it and now I can't turn it on in hack mode. I use Atmosphere. is it possible to downgrade my switch while it's off or do I just have to not play my switch till someone finds a way to update Atmosphere to this update?

Try to downgrade if you have NAND backup.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
So my switch updated without me realizing it was doing it and now I can't turn it on in hack mode. I use Atmosphere. is it possible to downgrade my switch while it's off or do I just have to not play my switch till someone finds a way to update Atmosphere to this update?
Restore nand backup

rdd992

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
restore backup if you have one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

they haven't blocked RCM mode from been accessed.... also the stuff about bricking was only if you have an ipatched switch
Yes, i have a backup of my nand but scares me to brick my console!

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All this talk about cloud saving, but why can't we just copy our own saves to the sd card and back them up on our pc or something? That's what nobody has answered thus far, and what i want to know most of all.
Nintendo won't allow you direct access to the save files because it opens the door to savegame hacks as a potential entrypoint. N have done a pretty great job of shutting off most kinds of potential entrypoint on the Switch, at the cost of features users actually want (like a real browser).

If you're hacked anyway, Checkpoint is awesome for local save backup.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't allow you direct access to the save files because it opens the door to savegame hacks as a potential entrypoint. N have done a pretty great job of shutting off most kinds of potential entrypoint on the Switch, at the cost of features users actually want (like a real browser).

If you're hacked anyway, Checkpoint is awesome for local save backup.
I'm not. Not yet, anyway. With talk of an upcoming Switch pro/XL, I'm debating whether it's worth the trouble to hunt a second-hand switch with a hackable serial number, or wait to get the xl model when it comes out.

There's only three retail games i would buy for the system if i had it at this time. But not happy with thr sealed battery nature of the standard model, either. Makes it feel like i would basically be renting the console, since I've never had anything with a sealed battery last, ever.

rdd992

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
fortunately I had a recent backup I've restored it and the console back to 7.0.1 that was my last version after the stupidly update. the is no problem. not bricked!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?