Hacking Nintendo Support won't unlink my NNID

Sakurika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a DSiWare downgrade from a 3DS #1 to 3ds #2, both are n3ds' and had their own NNID's. System formatted 3DS #2 so that Fieldrunners and the hacked save could transfer. Then, I followed Plailect's guide and got a9lh on 3DS #2. I didn't login to any NNID on 3DS #2 yet.

I can't login on to the NNID on 3DS #1 anymore and I'm supposed to transfer back or call Nintendo in order to get it back. I called Nintendo twice asking them to unlink my NNID from 3ds #2, but they told me to system transfer back and I'll get my NNID back. But if I system transfer 3DS #2 back to 3DS #1, will both NNID's end up being linked to 3DS #1? In other words do system transfers cause all NNID's that have ever been associated with an account stay stuck on a console?

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time lurker so I thought I'd help out:

When I did the A9LH mod on my Hyrule Edition N3DS (back when it first came out) I had the same issue with the NNID.

In my case, I just phoned them up and told them my old 3DS (with an Emunand etc) was broken and if they could transfer it to my new 3DS. They just asked for both serial numbers from both consoles and within 3 days, I could register my NNID onto my N3DS without faffing around with the old one. My original NNID has been unregistered on my previous console, so I can register a new one if I want (without system transferring!). All my previous games (loaded via CIA) are still installed etc on the Emunand of my O3DS (just used JK's Save manager to move saves to my N3DS).

tl;dr tell them your other 3Ds is broken (The 'broken' 3DS is the one with the linked NNID (by broken, I mean "doesn't turn on" broken so it can't system transfer in the first place). They never checked when I told them that - even though my O3DS is functional and working fine (albeit with an Emunand)), give them the serial numbers of both consoles and wait 3 days for the transfer before registering your NNID on your desired 3DS.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a DSiWare downgrade from a 3DS #1 to 3ds #2, both are n3ds' and had their own NNID's. System formatted 3DS #2 so that Fieldrunners and the hacked save could transfer. Then, I followed Plailect's guide and got a9lh on 3DS #2. I didn't login to any NNID on 3DS #2 yet.

I can't login on to the NNID on 3DS #1 anymore and I'm supposed to transfer back or call Nintendo in order to get it back. I called Nintendo twice asking them to unlink my NNID from 3ds #2, but they told me to system transfer back and I'll get my NNID back. But if I system transfer 3DS #2 back to 3DS #1, will both NNID's end up being linked to 3DS #1? In other words do system transfers cause all NNID's that have ever been associated with an account stay stuck on a console?
Each console can only have one NNID. If you did system transfer with it active, is on the new system. Just do system transfer back and the problem is fixed. Each system transfer is disabled for 7 days after it is done. So that you have to wait. After that, it can be done again. Is there a reason why you want nintendo to do it instead of just system transfer?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

System transfers do transfer all NNIDs linked to that console, even ones that are not currently logged in (confirmed by other members on the forum, not me personally)
Obviously, if you admit that you have both 3DSes and they are working, there is no reason for them to transfer the NNID for you, since you can just do it yourself. In fact they would probably become a bit suspicious as to your intentions if you told them that. What I have seen people do many times is to lie and tell them the 3DS is broken, or lost, or they already sold it, and that seems to work, though there's no guarantee, as officially they don't do that, so it's at the discretion of whoever you talk to whether they'll help you or not.

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I have seen people do many times is to lie and tell them the 3DS is broken, or lost, or they already sold it, and that seems to work, though there's no guarantee, as officially they don't do that, so it's at the discretion of whoever you talk to whether they'll help you or not.

I've heard of real life friends calling up Nintendo's support to transfer NNIDs from water damaged 3DS's onto their new ones (genuinely) and there's never been any more than the serial numbers of both consoles being asked for (probably to keep on record). In fact I'd go as far to say the support team I've spoken to (as have they) are really nice and friendly about this sort of thing (probably a common occurrence with kids dropping their 2DS/3DS's into puddles or leaving them outside etc).

I've already mentioned (a couple of posts back) my expierence with Nintendo transferring my NNID over without any qualms but that could just be the UK's support team. I can't comment on any other countries though so your mileage will vary.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

Sakurika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using the NNID manager? Is in the system settings.
You mean Nintendo Network ID Settings right? Yeah, I've used it on 3ds #1 to try and link back my original NNID. Didn't work. On 3ds#2 there isn't a NNID is currently logged in but I know two NNID's are associated with the account (the original NNID and the 3ds #1's NNID from the system transfer).

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
when you see the error in the NNID manager in the system settings try to press X,Y simultaneously and it will ask you if you want to unlink the current NNID on your device,press yes/ok.

Hope this proves useful

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you see the error in the NNID manager in the system settings try to press X,Y simultaneously and it will ask you if you want to unlink the current NNID on your device,press yes/ok.

Hope this proves useful
Wait. That works?

Because I have an old emunand backup with my lost nnid and if this is true, I may be able to recover it.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean Nintendo Network ID Settings right? Yeah, I've used it on 3ds #1 to try and link back my original NNID. Didn't work. On 3ds#2 there isn't a NNID is currently logged in but I know two NNID's are associated with the account (the original NNID and the 3ds #1's NNID from the system transfer).
can you delete:unsure: the one you don't need? How does system get multiple id

Sakurika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you delete:unsure: the one you don't need? How does system get multiple id
The other NNID is my brother's, but I don't think he cares much for it. Deleting his NNID is what'll do in case Nintendo Support doesn't believe my "broken 3ds story" lol. Systems get multiple ID's say if you have a 3ds with an NNID then system transfer to a 3ds that also had an NNID even if it's been formatted.

Last edited by Sakurika,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other NNID is my brother's, but I don't think he care much for it. Deleting his NNID is what'll do in case Nintendo Support doesn't believe my "broken 3ds story" lol.
If you can delete, it then why not just delete it? That would make sense. If i got a system it was used and the NNID is still there, i would either format or delete it.

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wait. That works?

Because I have an old emunand backup with my lost nnid and if this is true, I may be able to recover it.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH
this is what I did to unlink my NNID from the 2DS(source system) when I transfered it to my N3DSXL (target system) and then using a NAND backup of the 2DS to restore it, with the NNID on it.
Also I used it when Nintendo made "a mistake" (after contacting them) and unlinked both my NNIDs (the 2DS's NNID from system transfer{used the dsiware downgrade from 2DS to N3DS XL} and the NNID of the N3DS XL after completing the guide(A9LH),formating it and creating a new NNID)

This just unlinks the NNID from the system, if for example you want to create a new one, not from Nintendo's servers.You have to contact nintendo to move your NNID to another console

Last edited by PrometheusG.,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually in my honest opinion, if you are using hacks on your system, best to avoid nintendo support unless is the last option, cause some people can get caught with their systems by asking questions you should or shouldn't know answers to. First rule of interrogation. :P

You should just delete the Nintendo network id. Or wait until system transfer can occur again.

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the only info they ask after believing your excuse is:
  1. Name of NNID
  2. email address connected to the NNID
  3. birth date
  4. serial number of device
  5. three downloaded games(you don't need to say 3 you can only say fieldrunners for example)
I don't think you can get caught with these interrogating questions :-P
Just say your system is broken or that you sold it and forgot to transfer.
they don't bite :-P

Last edited by PrometheusG.,
Reactions: Sakurika

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Usually in my honest opinion, if you are using hacks on your system, best to avoid nintendo support unless is the last option, cause some people can get caught with their systems by asking questions you should or shouldn't know answers to. First rule of interrogation. :P

You should just delete the Nintendo network id. Or wait until system transfer can occur again.
Calling Nintendo support to unlink your NNID is very common practice. There's no issue as long as you use an ounce of common sense.

Nintendo has never asked me for anything beyond the name and email associated with my NNID, as well as 3ds serial number.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling Nintendo support to unlink your NNID is very common practice. There's no issue as long as you use an ounce of common sense.

Nintendo has never asked me for anything beyond the name and email associated with my NNID, as well as 3ds serial number.
I understand that, but now and days, people are finding it too suspicious, not only that each person can get different experiences and results so, i can't speak, for anyone but me. One thing i dislike is dealing with customer support of any kind. Besides being put on hold to hear Ocarina of time music. (Yes i like it :) ) Is the process of having to take such time with the possibility of no solution. I had to call nintendo for problems like My club nintendo account and rewards prizes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16