Nintendo Store UK now available to pre-order New 3DS!

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by WiiCube_2013, Jan 6, 2015.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG]
    Edition: Standard, Special Edition Ambassador
    Price: £179.99
    Link: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/new-nin...o-3ds-ambassador-edition-bundle/11054445.html

2. Stwert

Stwert Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2015
    Scotland
    First, Hi. (very, very) long time lurker new (ish, can't remember my old login) to posting here.

Funny I was just going to post this as I just got the email offer of the Ambassador Edition.

Bad timing for me, I was going to buy an Australian N3DS XL today but now I'm torn.
    Sucker for a LE but can't decide if I want to give up on the bigger screens and more importantly Gateway compatibility, I'm pretty sure whatever version this ships with it'll be more than 9.3.

Wonder if anyone could answer me a couple of questions? I have a 3DSXL just now, has anyone made the jump from that to the smaller N3DS? how drastic is the size difference of the screens in the flesh?

Can anyone suggest where to purchase an Australian N3DSXL? 365 are out of stock, as is Play Asia. I hate eBay and sellers on Amazon are wanting £250 which if I have to I will end up paying, I have pretty much no patience :)

Sorry for the somewhat long winded first post, my meds do make me waffle on a bit. No wonder I don't post lol.

3. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    Good price, wouldn't take it as the RRP though as it includes some extras. Most likely be cheaper at retail.
    EDIT: Looks like retail price according to Nintendo is £155.99

In love with my New 3DS, perfect handheld.

4. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It's very likely and considering that this'll be available later this year there's no chance it's gonna have the firmware that the Australian/Japanese New 3DS did.

5. digitalforums

digitalforums GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2004
    Cheshire, England
    i got an invitation to the ambassador special edition, but is it really worth the money?
    Doubt i will take them up on the offer though.

6. rctgamer3

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Also got an invite. Already imported a n3DS from Australia, so probably not worth the money just for the faceplates with the Japanese "NIN TEN DO" writing on it.

7. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Release date for New 3DS in Europe and North America probably going to announced in upcoming Nintendo Direct I'm guessing near the end of this month with the New 3DS being available near the end of February 2015.

PS. This maybe a hint Nintendo is working on releasing a Game Boy Advanced Virtual Console for New 3DS or NOT.

8. spyro3dsguy

spyro3dsguy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 28, 2011
    Canada
    Good for Europe. I just wonder when Nintendo will decide to stop screwing us here in NA.

9. Nemix77

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Prices jacked up on eBay UK, dumb retards trying to cash in on this. Honestly I don't see anyone buying this unless they got an email themselves and want the Limited Edition faceplate, better to just wait at this point for official release.

10. rehevkor

rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2011
    "This Club Nintendo account is not eligible to take part in this promotion." Eh. Fair dos...

11. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    bloody hope so.
    or SNES.

want me some Earthbound on the go.

12. Nemix77

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    I really can't see any other reason why Nintendo would release a New 3DS Ambassador Limited Edition two years after the program ended with NES now officially available on the 3DS's Virtual Console.

Other than Nintendo maybe trying to hint New 3DS buyers that a Gameboy Advance Virtual Console maybe possible on the New 3DS's upgraded hardware which was also a part of the original 3DS's Ambassador Program but was not possible to emulate on the old 3DS's hardware.

As for the SNES on Virtual Console for the 3DS, I really have not comment right now as it was not originally a part of the 3DS's Ambassador Program however blargSNES seems to be making good progress for SNES emulation on the 3DS in the Homebrew scene.

13. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    gotta love the scalpers, they are like great whites, the ps4 25th anniversary ed was obliterated due to scalpers and i expect this to be the same aswell, i really want to know if we will get the new XL aswell, i guess it's more waiting till anything else new turns up but it looks like it's def coming.

14. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    I just scored a set of the ambassador faceplates on ebay.

[​IMG]

£3.30 delivered - bargain :yay: