Nintendo still hoping for China?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Zhongtiao1, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Zhongtiao1
    OP

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    It sure seems so. Look what I found

http://www.k73.com/down/3ds/115543.html

It's majoras mask 3D, but it's not in traditional Chinese like they use in Taiwan and hong Kong, it's simplified. Not just from the ad, but also from the screenshots. It says it was released today. A CIA file is available if anyone wants it :) also, there is no mention of the game (yet) on Nintendo's hong Kong site...

Hmm interesting. Anyone want to confirm this is a legit game and not a hack?

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    not sure, but i think my friend said there was a real simplified chinese version of oot and mm for n64, on some ique like n64 device.i don't see why the game would be announced on the hong kong site though, since it isn't traditional chinese.

although, maybe it is a hack because, i thought there were not any simplified chinese games... even though ique (chinese) 3ds exists, i don't think any actual chinese 3ds games were released for the ique

3. Zhongtiao1
    OP

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    mm was never relased in China, just advertised on the box. iQue was disbanded by Nintendo about two years ago because of lack of sales and China's repeal on the band of video game consoles. iQue was merged with Nintendo Hong Kong, and now there is a button on the Hong Kong site to translate the page into simplified Chinese. I'm going to download the CIA file and see if it is a legit game

cearp likes this.
  4. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Ah, the iQue. I'm familiar with the device - it's the device that Cosmo uses for his N64 OoT speedruns because it displays the least amount of characters.

5. Zhongtiao1
    OP

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    Bad news guys, it's a hack by a team called ACG Chinese Group (apparently they have a whole slew of games)

http://zt.tgbus.com/zeldamask/

Even though it's a hack, I want to see if it's just a translation, or if it is a hack with any cool features added in.

6. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    wow that's funny he does that, speedrunners go to extremes... :)

i'm 99.99% sure it's just a translation :)

7. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    I can confirm it's a ROM hack. The download link leads to a Chinese article that says it was modded and translated by a fan translator team.

8. Zhongtiao1
    OP

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    It seems like you need a region free firmware to run it on an american 3DS (I've only tested on a 2DS though) all of ACG's other games are just translations though. This one seems like version 1.0 or so

Any cfw recommendations?

Last edited by Zhongtiao1, Oct 8, 2015