Hardware Nintendo starts producing N3DS XL on 11.0.0-33

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well currently, the new batches that came on a local mall here in UAE(they've been out of stock for weeks) is all but confirmed to have the latest firmware in it. I bought 2 Black N3DS XL and both of them are on 11.0. Last week, the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition N3DS XL is confirmed to have 11.0 too. These are all official UAE version(US). How about in your place? I can confirm that on their previous stock that all of them were below 10.7 since I purchased once a month from them.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I can"t say really, but since how are the rate of sales where I live I think where I live there aren"t any 11.0 consoles with the exception of the Monster Hunter Generations bundle, I wonder if Nintendo are going to produce Original 3DS models with 11.0.

Last edited by Clector,

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well currently, the new batches that came on a local mall here in UAE(they've been out of stock for weeks) is all but confirmed to have the latest firmware in it. I bought 2 Black N3DS XL and both of them are on 11.0. Last week, the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition N3DS XL is confirmed to have 11.0 too. These are all official UAE version(US). How about in your place? I can confirm that on their previous stock that all of them were below 10.7 since I purchased once a month from them.
The UAE(United Arab Emirates) is PAL though isn't it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL_region

Jorden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a black n3DS earlier this week at Wal-Mart, it came on 9.6U firmware. Granted I asked the staff how they stocked the products(newer in front, oldest in the back) and got the furthest back n3DS. All you really have to do is to double check how the company stocks and play the game from there like I did.

Last edited by Jorden,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wanting to get a n3DS at some point, but not wanting to shell out the $200 just yet. There would still be DSiWare downgrade technique on 11.0 I suppose, but would rather avoid that if possible. If the window on <11.0 units is truly closing, the time to act is now... or at least soonish.

Now I just feel like an ass for cancelling my preorder on the Hyrule Edition n3DS when those were coming out.

Last edited by Glyptofane,

Jorden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you also want to get a good accuracy to knowing a FW before opening a box, there has been threads on here to where you can identify the FW by serial code. In this case, mine was a QW1086, And for one at around 10.3ish(idk, cause I updated this one) QW4069. I'll edit if I happen to find that thread.

Edit:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/
Here is that thread, however it isn't updated anymore since about May(ish) but it is still fairly useful.

Last edited by Jorden,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I can"t say really, but since how are the rate of sales where I live I think where I live there aren"t any 11.0 consoles with the exception of the Monster Hunter Generations bundle, I wonder if Nintendo are going to produce Original 3DS models with 11.0.

Are they even still producing o3DS's anymore? I think they transitioned their factories to n3DS and are just selling the remaining stock. I think that's how it is in the USA anyways....

D

Deleted-394630

Hah, they really think they beat us this time.
-Silly Nintendo, A9LH is for 11.0.0-

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@Apache Thunder They still produce the Original one for the Japan market at least (2DS in Japan was only avalible in the Pokemon 20th Anniversary bundle and Original 3DS XL was discontinued) and also the case colors are a little different since the launch of New 3DS. I"m not sure about Europe but in America it seems they are just selling the remaining stock.

Last edited by Clector,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon has the N3DS XL on sale for $174.99, but they are currently out of stock until August 7. What do you guys think the chances are these units will be on 11.0 given the revelations above along with the news of the Japan SFC LL being shipped with 11.0?

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you also want to get a good accuracy to knowing a FW before opening a box, there has been threads on here to where you can identify the FW by serial code. In this case, mine was a QW1086, And for one at around 10.3ish(idk, cause I updated this one) QW4069. I'll edit if I happen to find that thread.

Edit:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/
Here is that thread, however it isn't updated anymore since about May(ish) but it is still fairly useful.

Assuming unexploitable firmware systems become more common I'll start a new thread with updated info. I kept getting replies from random people on the old one and since every firmware had an exploit at the time I got it locked.

(glad to know it's still useful though :P)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming unexploitable firmware systems become more common I'll start a new thread with updated info. I kept getting replies from random people on the old one and since every firmware had an exploit at the time I got it locked.

(glad to know it's still useful though :P)

Fortunately even if they close all the software downgrade methods, there is always the old brute force method of installing a9lh without needing to downgrade to 2.1 to get the OTP first. Though it does require a hardmod and can take up to a few days.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fortunately even if they close all the software downgrade methods, there is always the old brute force method of installing a9lh without needing to downgrade to 2.1 to get the OTP first. Though it does require a hardmod and can take up to a few days.
Oh? How's that?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

That's the first i've heard of it. Can you give more info?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1