Nintendo SSL certificates for Pokemon ORAS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MatrixShadow, Apr 24, 2019.

1. MatrixShadow
    OP

MatrixShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    United States
    Hey I've been looking into some MITM attacks on my 3ds, and I've run into some SSL issues, I've looked into decompiling a .3ds ROM, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Is there any way to get a copy of Nintendo's SSL certificate/key? I know it has to be on there somewhere.

I'm trying to build my own GTS

2. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2014
    I would start looking in the ssl system module.

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Adrian Kordi had them on his website last time I checked (ie over 5 months before Miiverse closed)

Then, SciresM made a certificate verification disabling patch for 11.4 (I remember being one of the first users), not sure how adaptable it is to modern OSes or CFWs

4. tastymeatball

tastymeatball GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2016
    Germany
    This is the thread for the SSL patch https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...root-ca-verification-for-ssl-requests.469383/
    It works on the latest version. You just have to compile luma CFW yourself like described in the readme of the github repository.
    I have a compiled version of this https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/commit/bd15f51af319e56b6812efd622ed2fd4651f978f luma version with the removed check but I will only send this per PM because as you can see this is already pretty outdated

Last edited by tastymeatball, Apr 24, 2019
    Ryccardo likes this.
  5. MatrixShadow
    OP

MatrixShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    United States
    @Ryccardo Do you have a link to Adrian Kordi's website?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted