Nintendo SMASH Direct announces Roy, Ryu, Lucas as well as new stages and skins

smash.png

In around 5 minutes time Nintendo's Smash Direct is about to start. You can watch the full Direct using the below links.

smashp.png

smashp2.png

ryup.png

ryu.png

ALL OF THIS CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE TODAY!

If you missed the Direct you can watch the whole thing here:

:arrow:Smash Direct Live Stream #1
:arrow:Smash Direct Live Stream #2

Reactions: Maximilious

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Well we already know that
Ryu and Roy are all but confirmed
so im hoping that aside from that, we also get a bundle announcement to get all the DLC characters together instead of paying for each one seperately.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Ryu looks ridiculously overpowered with way too many options and inputs. I know they're trying to remain faithful to his game series but its completely changed the simple dynamic of smash bros and i could see him destroying pretty much everyone.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm hyped for more N64 stages. I hope Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle are also coming to the 3DS version... Sakurai didn't clarify that.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryu looks ridiculously overpowered with way too many options and inputs. I know they're trying to remain faithful to his game series but its completely changed the simple dynamic of smash bros and i could see him destroying pretty much everyone.
That's what they said about little Mac, rosalina and villager. Who all introduced new mechanics.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this means something for SSB5. More inputs and options.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kinda glad this wasn't announced at the E3's Nintendo Direct but it's a nice heads up that it's available to buy today.

Would be nice to have the DLC pack to buy them all at once.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what they said about little Mac, rosalina and villager. Who all introduced new mechanics.

I guess so, but each of the characters you mentioned have a negative aspect to them too. Mac has his terrible recovery, Rosalina is useless without luma and Villiager is very much a zoner. Ryu doesnt seem to have something that makes up for all the positive stuff. What i see initially is a vertical/horizontal recovery. A strong KO punch attack (using original inputs), fireball range variation and speed. mix ups on normal attacks making him hard to predict.

I guess we'll see *Goes to Eshop to check when i can download them*

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So... two clone characters (inb4 Competitive Smashers say that Lucas and Roy totally don't play like Ness and Marth with minor differences or some nonsense to that effect) some random Mii outfits (aka TF2 hats), one original character and one original map. Woo-hoo! Milkin' that cow, for all it's worth! ;O;

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... two clone characters (inb4 Competitive Smashers say that Lucas and Roy totally don't play like Ness and Marth with minor differences or some nonsense to that effect) some random Mii outfits (aka TF2 hats), one original character and one original map. Woo-hoo! Milkin' that cow, for all it's worth! ;O;
at least we can upload replays to youtube now and not monatize them.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Great! Now all I need is at least one of the Ice Climbers. hehe

edit: I just finished watching the smash direct and holy awesome! That's a lot of content right there. hahaha. I wonder if Capcom paid them or what especially the, "Ryu received a special development attention" thing. :)

Last edited by ov3rkill,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: