Nintendo shows plans for collab with Universal Studios

Nintendo has put out a video today, featuring Shigeru Miyamoto and Universal Studio's Mark Woodbury as they discuss what their plans for the Nintendo attractions at Universal Parks will entail. Not only will Universal Park Osaka Japan have a "Nintendo Land", but the other two parks in America, Orlando Florida and Hollywood California, specifically, will also be getting Nintendo related rides and mascots. More details will be coming soon, according to both companies.

Imagine the fun of stepping into a larger-than-life Nintendo adventure. Gigantic Piranha Plants spring to life. ? Blocks, power-ups and more surround you. And Mario and all his friends are there to pull you into a brand-new world.

You will enter an entire realm filled with iconic Nintendo excitement, gameplay, heroes and villains. And it is coming to three Universal theme parks around the globe. See more in the official announcement video on YouTube (above).

The creative visionaries behind Nintendo's legendary worlds and characters are working together with the creative teams behind Universal's blockbuster theme park attractions. Their goal: to bring the characters, action and adventure of Nintendo video games to life within Universal theme parks. And to do so in new and innovative ways that capture what makes them so special. All of the adventure, fun and whimsy you experience through a screen will now be all around you – in breathtakingly authentic ways.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Was planning on going to Japan when this place opened, but if it's coming to Orlando I might go there so I can visit Nintendo Land and the Wizarding World at the same time.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once had a dream that Nintendo made their own theme park where there was some kinda Metroid laser tag inside Norfair and when I tripped and got mad I spent the rest of the day at the Mario Kart Waluigi Pinball course. It was weird because the giant pinballs that bounce around sounded so real. Turns out when I woke up, my mom was taking a shower and kept dropping her shampoo bottle, making large thuds.

Reactions: HCartin

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was planning on going to Japan when this place opened, but if it's coming to Orlando I might go there so I can visit Nintendo Land and the Wizarding World at the same time.

They have Harry Potter in Osaka too. My wife and daughter went last summer. I went off on my own that day to Himeji Castle in the morning, and then shopping at Super Potato in DenDenTown in the afternoon. They brought me back a chocolate frog.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

TJHeartnote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just hope Pokemon joins the party. For the us, Nintendo just needs permission from the pokemon company to add pokemon attractions.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only signed in to like this comment
i been sayng this for years,
also make them interactive, have underground holographic laser projectors under the track in certain places that project the question cubes
when you drive through them it activates a screen in the center of the steering wheel in your cart, then just touch the screen to use the item
when you get hit with an item you seat vibrates and your cart slows down

Last edited by weatMod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a