Nintendo shows off “a new experience” by debuting a new accessory for the Switch

The Nintendo Direct wasn’t all that Nintendo had to show this week, as a surprise trailer has gone up on their channel, showing off something unexpected. A belt-like object is featured in the video, being used in a variety of ways, such as a bow, a steering wheel, and on one’s leg as a fitness tracker. The product seems to have a focus on multiplayer gatherings and parties, with players needing one of the belt-like devices and a Joy-Con strapped in to make use of it. More information and details are scheduled to be revealed on September 12th.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gaming is no longer simple.
Joypad, game, tv = great times
Stupid comment of the day :lol: I think youl find most games today offer you joyoad game and TV

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh yeh can you pls in Yr next post not say dust collector:lol:

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid comment of the day :lol: I think youl find most games today offer you joyoad game and TV
Yeah most games today can be played with a joypad, game and tv
But to get the fullest experience you also need to have your wallet ready for microtransactions and dlc that should be an actual part of the game and retarded controllers required to play the damn game. (yes even Wii isn't innocent)
Games back then gave you the fullest experience with just you, the tv and the controller

Last edited by 64bitmodels,

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
March: Yoshi Crafted World
April: Labo VR
May: Nothing
June: Mario Maker / Cadence of Hyrule
July: Fire Emblem Three Houses / Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
August: Astral Chain
September: Daemon x Machina / Link's Awakening
October: Luigi's Mansion 3
November: Pokemon SwSh

Nintendo has been releasing a new exclusive game since the beginning of the fiscal year every month (except for May)

Well, yeah, ok, but that's why i said 'of my interest for Nintendo with the Switch with what they release anymore', meaning that what they release is barely connected to me anymore and i haven't changed a bit as a gamer growing up.

1. Labo VR - a joke if you do not have kids in my eyes, a gimmick. Given i already have a very capable VR and i still think its kind of a gimmick, you can understand how i feel about nintendo's attempt
2. Mario Maker - interested in this one, just need to look at what kind of single player only experience it has, not a fan of online services/shareable content, if i was younger with more time i would probably be more into it
3. Cadence of hyrule - again, lol, not a game i would touch. Do not understand why it could not be an action game as is and have to reply on the mechanics it does, unless i am wrong
4. Fire Emblem looks all right, but would be one of the titles i would wait until they reach the bargain bin or the sales. Marvel, not interested even remotely.
5. Astral Chain looks good but again, not something i am/would be looking forward too, more like an in between big games, game, for me
6. Daemon x machina - again, interesting but not as a 'main' game that would sell a system for me. Not holding my breath for any so far in the list
7. Link's awakening is going to be great of course, but its a REMAKE. I know, the old one is like 20 or more years ago, but still, a REMAKE.
8. Luigi's mansion - now we are talking. Big guns AAA first party. Looking forward to this one, is probably going to be the reason to dust my Switch
9. Pokemon - never cared about pokemon as a series personally, was too old to care when it hit the GB, so passed by me.

What i am trying to say here, is not to say any of these are bad games at all, just that Nintendo has massively shifted from using their well known IP's, moving towards releases more like the above. If you are fine with them, fine with me, but when i buy a Nintendo platform, i expect all the heavy hitters at a faster pace. If they didn't focus so much on some of them that might not be bad games at all, we would have more big gun games from Nintendo. When you factor in that many of the 'big' releases on the Switch were just WiiU re-releases, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of an early WiiU adopter.

I know i cannot expect a new Mario and Zelda every single year, but there HAS to be a good first party, big title every few months to keep the momentum. At the moment, many (if not most) of the Switch games, are multiplatforms i can buy on other platforms, cheaper and better. Unless of course you want to play them on the go, then there is no contest.

Again, not starting or picking a fight, just my 0,02

Reactions: Enryx25

TheSpearGuy

can probably play it on Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a new accessoire that nobody needs, but everybody wants, and disappeares in the closet after playing it for 3 hours ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: