Nintendo seemingly leaks Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stage builder

download.png

In a new Nintendo Switch advertisement posted on YouTube today, Nintendo seems to have accidentally leaked the existence of an upcoming feature in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate—a stage builder. Around two seconds into their new 'Switch My Way' commercial, the stage builder can be seen on the TV in the background. The stage builder was introduced in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and also appeared in the Wii U iteration, but was omitted from the latest release. The trailer indicates that we should be getting a stage builder feature implemented via an update in the near future.

:arrow: Source

Topaz95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never used the stage builder in smash bros 4. They should also bring back home run contest, break the targets, etc.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Likely upcoming in the Joker update, I do hope they also add more single player content in that patch.
A new adventure with Kyle Hyde on the switch would even be better:creep:

Reactions: matpower

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Inb4 custom stages can't be used online. Not even in rooms.
So if you want to play on them with friends, find some in the neighbourhood.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be cool if you could use the engine to create new games rather than be confined to the Smash Brothers format. Then again, it would be much cooler to see the likes of GzDOOM Builder, Slade 3, and a few other tools, or rather clones there of, on the ol switch, rather thanthese little mini construction sets, ala Load Runner. I mean it's cool when you are 10, but even at that age you quickly tire of the limitations imposed upon you, and you find yourself yearning to transcend them. Granted Mario Maker is more or less what I am going for, but also the MUCH NEEDED ability to save your project to SD, load custom assets from SD, and license the shit not to mention have the ability to be authorized and sell on the Eshop. In other words, make the game console a poor man's dev kit, not unlike Korg Gadget does for music... assuming you run your Switch's audio to a Tascam recorder or something along those lines.

Come to think of it, doesn't the Switch have RPG Maker in some form or another? Does it allow you to save your projects? If so, that would be something!

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Come to think of it, doesn't the Switch have RPG Maker in some form or another? Does it allow you to save your projects? If so, that would be something!
'RPG Maker MV' is speculated for release this September on Switch and PS4, but NIS' own website shows TBD still.

https://nisamerica.com/games/rpgmaker-mv

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't find Smash Ultimate all that Ultimate when there were staples like "stage builder" strangely omitted from its release.

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know im getting bashed for this question, but: why is everyone happy about a feature that should be within the initial release? If there is a real physical release for smash, then you could propably even find data about stage builder on the cardridge. I remember a few years ago, gamers were enraged, when they get content sold or separately given (for PR) that was already in the games disc/cardridge on release.

Well, ppl change. Maybe its the new vegan gen, that turns the tides. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: