AKA-Link77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
e88sc9.png

I didn't see a thread about this, but anyways...
I've been peacefully playing and enjoying most of online with my 10.1.0-27 N3DS but all of a sudden (on 2/1/16) I noticed that I couldn't play MK7 online. That was the first time in ages I receive that error (Update Notice). Not only are games effected but the entire system is getting nagged, even my friends list. I had the TUBEHAX DNS on my networks but I'm pretty sure I ended up getting the lock from an open NinZone wifi hotspot (the ones where the 3DS connects automatically).
:hateit:Freakn butthole Nintendo!:hateit:
So yah... I still can homebrew (Browser hax by DCing) but I'm locked outside of online.
SOMEONE LET ME IN!! lol...
I tried to use HANS with update spoof but that never worked (not even before this Nag), same goes for that eShop launcher app that's supposed to bypass update nags. If you can, please help and/or tell me if you are receiving this error too and which firmware you're on. I think I have the oldest 10.X firmware so I'm presuming that later ones are already effected by the "Nag Virus" or at high risk. Now I'm just wondering about the older firmwares.

So yeah... This is a warning to people who are on this firmware; try not to get too close to those auto hotspots [which is nearly impossible]. When I first got the nag, I turned off spotpass and the sending of system info (which I thought I had off already... It wouldn't have mattered though, as Nintendo can still install locks without updating). A way to protect yourself is to I think add "attwifi" or other auto hotspots to your 3DS network settings and set the TUBEHAX DNS. Not sure if that will help...
:cry:it was too late for me...:cry:
Tell my wife...
I hate her....
*Dies*
x__x

Last edited by AKA-Link77,
Reactions: GalladeGuy

AKA-Link77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you getting this error? (If so, put your firmware too)
And Is there anything I can do?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly surprised to read that there are o3DS users out there on 10.3 or lower emunand....Like...WHHHYYY??

Update emunand. Problem solved. If you really want to stay on something outdated you'll need to version spoof ALL the installed system titles! So get to work! :P

Updating just NVER/CVER is a myth. It won't get rid of the update notice. If on n3DS. Just switch to CakesFW or Reinand which both support latest emunand now.

AKA-Link77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you downgrade and create an emuNAND?
IDK if I can on a N3DS on 10.1.0-27...
do you have a emunand or are you above 9.2 FW? if you do have emunand what are you using to boot into it?
I don't have emunand and yeah I'm on 10.1.0-27. I use browser hax by switching wireless off then back on then rushing to the browser to load the launcher.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: AKA-Link77

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may be risky but have you considered downgrading?
Risky compared to what?
It sounds like the only reason this guy is still on 10.1 is to install legit cia, and considering there likely aren't any more legit cia coming out, being forced into upgrading through a softbrick should only mean the loss of homebrew at most for him.

That is assuming restoring a softbrick doesn't involve deleting your tickets for titles, which I'd hope it wouldn't.

Last edited by jaksy,

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly surprised to read that there are o3DS users out there on 10.3 or lower emunand....Like...WHHHYYY??

Update emunand. Problem solved. If you really want to stay on something outdated you'll need to version spoof ALL the installed system titles! So get to work! :P

Updating just NVER/CVER is a myth. It won't get rid of the update notice. If on n3DS. Just switch to CakesFW or Reinand which both support latest emunand now.
People are crying to me on skype about this new error code before i even heard of it. I knew that updating emunand would solve it but they say "it'll patch everything". Some people are so dumb.

AKA-Link77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess this emunand thing is the answer? Or CakesFW/REInand... I think I'll look into Cakes and REI first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.