Nintendo Screwed Me Over, Help please!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by srushti, Aug 17, 2009.

Aug 17, 2009
  1. srushti
    OP

Newcomer srushti Newbie

United States
    Ok so couple weeks ago i sent my wii to Nintendo because i had that black pixel problem. I completely uninstalled all my hacks before i sent it to them. Now i got my wii back and i can no longer install bootmii as boot2 [​IMG] . Because i'm guessing they replaced my system [​IMG] . I wanted to know if there is anyway i can install bootmii as boot2 and is there any other program which i can install into boot2 to restore my nand backups, or which can gimme the same protection as boot2 bootmii. [​IMG]

2. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Forget it, i'm sure you get a new board with a new boot1.

Up to this day there is no way to install bootmii as boot2 on this Wii's.

Edit:
    Sorry, i forgot to say there is no other program like bootmii.
    Best solution for you is to install preloader and without bootmii as boot2 never try dangerous wad's and unknown IOSses.

3. FGOD

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    you cannot install it as boot2 because the boot1 file dissabled it. and as boot1 cannot be modified(only in factory) you will never be able to install a bootmii boot2 or any other boot2 programs...

4. srushti
    OP

Newcomer srushti Newbie

United States
    so can u recommed a app which i can do a nand backup and restore from most brick, other than bootmii???

5. srushti
    OP

Newcomer srushti Newbie

United States
    so can u recommed a app which i can do a nand backup and restore from most brick, other than bootmii???

6. srushti
    OP

Newcomer srushti Newbie

United States

7. srushti
    OP

Newcomer srushti Newbie

United States

8. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
  9. FGOD

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    for some bricks preloader can help, but not if you uninstalled the system menu or the ios your system menu runs on...

10. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Actually, I believe FSToolbox allows you to dump the entire contents of your NAND to an SD card. Its far more awkward than BootMii and I don't know that you can recover using it as well, but in theory, it should do the trick.

Can anyone confirm that this would work for him?: Dump NAND with FSToolbox, semibrick; Boot to HBC via preloader, use FSToolbox to restore the NAND.

11. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    tEchnically u can make a NAND dump with bootmii as an ios. Then u could use preloader to load the bootmii as ios and restore ur NAND. It's not really recommend though and could lead to worse brick

12. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I think that's the wrong way.
    If preloader and HBC work you only need to install some files from NUSD(Systemnu + IOS) and the Wii will boot again without any problem.

The only "perfect" brick protection for a new Wii is to make a backup with bootmii as IOS and flash it back with a NAND programmer like infectus if it brick.

Btw, can FSToolbox write files back to the NAND?

13. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    YES! I've used it to modify my Conduit profile, as discussed in an article on this site.

14. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Ok, thanks for the information.

15. ozguy

Member ozguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You cannot use your old NAND backup because the Boot2 will not match what the new Boot1 (which cannot be modified) is expecting.
    Trying to use it will cause full brick.

16. srushti
    OP

Newcomer srushti Newbie

United States
    well thx for ur help guys...this sucks, what is this talk about cboot2 going around, is it anyway related to my problem??

17. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Not at all. It's a method used to get the trucha bug back on LU64+ systems, that has been replaced by the easier to use Trucha Bug Restorer.

Regardless, you should still install the IOS version of bootmii and make a NAND backup now anyways so that you still have one more last resort option before sending it back to Nintendo in the event of a brick.

Also, the best brick protection you can have is knowing what you're doing. As long as you don't do anything stupid on your Wii, you shouldn't get it bricked in the first place.

18. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Does this mean you can install the Homebrew channel or you have to start over re customizing your system?

19. Lothlorian

Member Lothlorian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You are STUCK with your NEW wii. They tossed yours in the trash and shipped you a new one. Welcome to the world of no Bootmii and no 100% brick protection. Most of us have lived in this world since we purchased our Wii's since bootmii has only been out for a few months. Your old NAND backups are now worthless to you.

There is NOTHING you can do. Enjoy your new Wii , probably has boot2v4 on it too [​IMG]

Install Pre-loader v.29 It is useful if you want to recover from most things.

Good luck and have a nice day [​IMG]

20. srushti
    OP

Newcomer srushti Newbie

United States
    ok i know that i have given up on bootmii [​IMG] , how can i load my backups on this new system(cant install cios), i cant seem to downgrade (it doesnt let me and i read that it will brick my wii) and i cant load my backup GC games either beacause the mios patch doesnt work.

I keep reading this lu64 fix, but it's for system 3.4 or something, nintendo sent me it back with system 4.0.

So how can i load my backups...anyone??