Nintendo says it currently has no plans to release any other Switch revisions beyond the OLED model

oled_model_photo_01.0.jpg

With Bloomberg having spent years reporting on the existence of an upgraded Nintendo Switch unit, and for all those rumors to culminate in the Nintendo Switch OLED model, some fans have been disappointed with all Nintendo has to offer. Beyond that, others believe that the fabled "Switch Pro" still exists, but has been delayed due to a shortage of materials, with some outlets still speculating that the information leak of "4K output" for a new Switch variant means there will be an inevitable Switch Pro somewhere down the line. Nintendo themselves have stepped in to right the rumors and say, definitively, that they have "no plans for launching any other model [of the Nintendo Switch] at this time".

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do I believe the Switch Pro exists? Yes I do but I believe we won't see it until sale's of the current versions of the console take a dramatic dive. It makes zero sense to release a Switch Pro when the OG version and its revisions are still flying off the shelves.

Edit @subcon959 beat me to it lol.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bold move admitting this when Valve is getting praise for a competing handheld.
They can choose to be bold with the Switch having sold 85 million consoles. There is not a hope in hell that Valve's effort will sell anywhere near that.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
"At this time"
Nintendo fans be like:

200 (1).gif

They can choose to be bold with the Switch having sold 85 million consoles. There is not a hope in hell that Valve's effort will sell anywhere near that.

I think a big reason why it can't is because they're only selling it through Steam and to a few regions, or at least for now. The Switch can be found in many tech stores around the world.

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then it's gonna be a new console aka Switch 2.... lets just hope current switch games will be retroactively compatible with a new switch instead of nintendo going the re-release route for the games.

Reactions: CoolMe

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Even i think there won't be a pro version for this.
They probably would have a new console in the works cause usually a consoles life is like 6 yrs and switch is 4 yrs old now

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only reason why Nintendo is not planning on announcing a new Switch Pro or whatever it will be called is because they don't want to have another Wii/Wii U situation.

Wii was selling quite well, but they discontinued the system a bit too early to move on to the successor Wii U. And I'm sure people here know how well the Wii U sold... Basically, they are just prolonging the Switch line-up as long as they can.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do Nintendo even get the benefit of the doubt these days?
How many times now have we had reports, pictures and more from warehouse workers of games, consoles, peripherals, revisions and more being physically present in front of them only for Nintendo to say "nope, not happening" before announcing it formally the next day?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: