Nintendo reveals Super Smash Bros Ultimate Limited Edition, shows off special Pro Controller

IMG_0690.JPG

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was shown to be getting a special edition in the U.K., which will come with a steelbook and GameCube controller + adapter. Now, the North American website for the game has updated to showcase a limited edition for that region, which consists of a steelbook and a limited Switch Pro Controller. The controller is white and black, with a Smash logo on the face of the gamepad. While it's unavailable to pre-order right now, Nintendo says a list of retailers will be revealed later. You'll also be able to purchase the controller on its own. This special edition will release the same day that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate does, on December 7th.

:arrow: Source

Update: Now for pre-order at Best Buy with the price of $139.99.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
amazon.us and ebay say smash is 60 euros and they dont charge you extra taxes, you only pay for the shipping after the 60 euros. so yeah i dont think the 60$ are untaxed tbh or the game price would be very weird to pay since it would do a weird number.
That would be weird, always when I've bought inside the USA they charge me the label price, plus taxes (separately), also when I buy things in the eShop.
The taxes depend on where you live, AFAIK if you live outside the US it would be 0% (as it's exempt), or also if you live in places with tax exemptions like Alaska.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That would be weird, always when I've bought inside the USA they charge me the label price, plus taxes (separately), also when I buy things in the eShop.
The taxes depend on where you live, AFAIK if you live outside the US it would be 0% (as it's exempt), or also if you live in places with tax exemptions like Alaska.
all i know is ordering on amazon us you pay shipping plus custom fees(if they apply) and no extra taxes i mean why would a game cost like 63,47 dollars? it wouldn't make much sense, also its unheard you dont pay country taxes when buying an item from a retailer that has it there, if you buy something from any store around the word even from china the item already has china taxes for sale same for europe, if the item is sold from uk your already paying uk taxes when you buy it, why would usa just straight up lose free money and give them to other countrys when buying something from amazon that is on usa storage's.

heck i buy books and such from alot of usa websites and they say the book is 15$ plus shipping and it is i dont pay any more taxes.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
all i know is ordering on amazon us you pay shipping plus custom fees(if they apply) and no extra taxes i mean why would a game cost like 63,47 dollars? it wouldn't make much sense, also its unheard you dont pay country taxes when buying an item from a retailer that has it there, if you buy something from any store around the word even from china the item already has china taxes for sale same for europe, if the item is sold from uk your already paying uk taxes when you buy it, why would usa just straight up lose free money and give them to other countrys when buying something from amazon that is on usa storage's.

heck i buy books and such from alot of usa websites and they say the book is 15$ plus shipping and it is i dont pay any more taxes.
That's the way in America, you end up paying weird numbers. The label numbers look nice, but what you pay in the cashier (+taxes) is not a round number.
It is the same in Japan, they put a nice label price, but when you go to the cashier you end up paying an amount that is not round at all.
I guess that looks weird to you because you are European.
Anyway you not paying taxes because you have address outside the USA is normal, it is the same as if you buy something in Europe, when you get out you can ask for tax refunds as the taxes shall not apply to you if your residence is outside the EU.

PS: Of course, instead of the US sales taxes that you don't pay, you shall pay importing taxes (duty) and VAT in your country when you receive your product. (unless you are into tax evasion)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazon.us and ebay say smash is 60 euros and they dont charge you extra taxes, you only pay for the shipping after the 60 euros. so yeah i dont think the 60$ are untaxed tbh or the game price would be very weird to pay since it would do a weird number.
I'm not sure i'm understanding you correctly. "Amazon.us" is "Amazon.com"

Amazon charges taxes in the USA.

7G4eo6a.jpg

The only Ebay listing which displays Smash Bros Ultimate has it for $63, which means tax is perhaps included but is ...illegally circumventing the law or whatever.

I don't get why people think taxes are a big deal. That's a part of living in a country with a government.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

7G4eo6a.jpg

The only Ebay listing which displays Smash Bros Ultimate has it for $63, which means tax is perhaps included but is ...illegally circumventing the law or whatever.

I don't get why people think taxes are a big deal. That's a part of living in a country with a government.
Yes, it is as you say.
He is confused because it is very different in Europe. Here the label price always includes the taxes already, so that is what you pay.
For the USA, the sale taxes depends on where you live, and if you live outside the US, the same as if you live in Alaska, it is 0% (that's the reason he is not getting an additional tax when he tries to buy from Europe).
If he bought from any state without sale tax exemption from inside the US he will have to pay taxes like any other American (that's what I am trying to explain).
Trust me, it is a weird concept for Europeans, that's why I understand that he is so confused.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

7G4eo6a.jpg

what i mean is i dont get that tax added to my purchases neither do i pay european tax lol, taxes here is 23% and if i buy something i pay zero taxes, only abode 40 or so euros is that amazon charges custom fees for europe lol.

for instance you would pay tax if you buy it from here?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Smas...918904?hash=item3639db79f8:g:E7YAAOSw7thbe7eP

i would just pay the game plus shipping to my country.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controller looks ugly to me. Maybe it's just my distaste for black-and-white minimalist designs, but it just seems really boring. If I'm going to pay a premium for something limited edition, I want it to be a little more flashy. Something you would show a friend and they would be like, "Dang, man, that thing looks sweet!" I'm just not getting that at all from this simple controller.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: