Hacking Nintendo Repairs REJECTION for flashcard use?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,658
  • Replies 25
D

Deleted User

OP
qUkuB.png
Quick question that is open to discussion- will Nintendo UK Repairs reject my 3DS if I have used an R4i Gold 3DS-Ready Cartridge?

For instance, if I were to send it in on complaints that StreetPass does not work, the top screen is smudged badly and there is hinge give- about 3 months from now (I won't send it immediately), and deleted the entry that the R4i Card left in the activity log before sending it in, will they accept it for repairs?

-tigsy

P.S, that is not my 3DS in the picture. It is purely there for photogenically dramatic effect.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They will probably not try to turn it on and check your activity log, and even if they do so, they'll only see the icon your flashcart mimic (tak/spongebob/alex rider etc...), they have no reason to refuse repairing your 3DS.

(if your flashcart has appeared with it's real "R4" icon on the log or you have left "I LOVE FLASHCARTS" as your streetpass message then it's another story
laugh.gif
)

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Probably a better question would be..... Has anyone with a 3ds that has used a flashcard, had their 3ds repaired by Nintendo yet?

D

Deleted User

OP
boudincaca said:
They will probably not try to turn it on and check your activity log, and even if they do so, they'll only see the icon your flashcart mimic (tak/spongebob/alex rider etc...), they have no reason to refuse repairing your 3DS.

(if your flashcart has appeared with it's real "R4" icon on the log or you have left "I LOVE FLASHCARTS" as your streetpass message then it's another story
laugh.gif
)
I believe it will appear with "Miami Nights, Singles in the City"

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I looked at that photo, I kept saying "It's a lie!! Noooo!!!" Then I saw your P.S. message and just laughed. xD You got me.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember 8BitWaluigi sent his flashcart in with his DS by mistake for repairs; They destroyed the cart but they still repaired the system.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have the ability to remove it from the activity log, or it is generally disguised as something else in that log, then there is nothing they could do to prove that you are using a flashcard, even if they knew beforehand, without proof they would have no choice but to do their job and repair it.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jan1tor said:
Probably a better question would be..... Has anyone with a 3ds that has used a flashcard, had their 3ds repaired by Nintendo yet?
Me!!!

I didn't delete anything in the activity log or anything and I got a free fix for the screens.

D

Deleted User

OP
heartgold said:
Jan1tor said:
Me!!!

I didn't delete anything in the activity log or anything and I got a free fix for the screens.
Sure it'd be OK? I don't want to fuck up my chances :/

tj445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They have no reason to reject your repair if the proof is not on any user-viewable log.
If they refuse it due to pirate activities they will have to show you how they got the log in order to prove it to you.
As much as TOS goes, 'We found a problem but we aint tellin ya what it is' is not a plausible excuse.

I have had this issue when i sent my 3DS to exchange/repair it due to it having some screen and battery problems.
They first told me that they couldn't exchange it for reasons which they wouldn't tell me, even though it was inside the guarantied period.
After 30 minutes and 10 mind-crushed staff members later, as i kept demanding explanation and proof, they soon bended over and the manager himself came and was liek 'Just have this and gtfo plz'.

But yeah, this happens only because Im in Japan and japan is crazy like this.
My other friend who lives in UK got his exchanged with no problems at all, even though he was more flashcard heavy than me.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
tj445 said:
They have no reason to reject your repair if the proof is not on any user-viewable log.
If they refuse it due to pirate activities they will have to show you how they got the log in order to prove it to you.
As much as TOS goes, 'We found a problem but we aint tellin ya what it is' is not a plausible excuse.

I have had this issue when i sent my 3DS to exchange/repair it due to it having some screen and battery problems.
They first told me that they couldn't exchange it for reasons which they wouldn't tell me, even though it was inside the guarantied period.
After 30 minutes and 10 mind-crushed staff members later, as i kept demanding explanation and proof, they soon bended over and the manager himself came and was liek 'Just have this and gtfo plz'.

But yeah, this happens only because Im in Japan and japan is crazy like this.
My other friend who lives in UK got his exchanged with no problems at all, even though he was more flashcard heavy than me.
I especially liked the plz have this and gtfo plz part :>
But, gee, Companies hate warranty so they'd make any shit up to not repair it for you. U_U

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt that illegal for them to destroy your property like that?i would have sued
but then again i see your not in the U.S.so im not sure what the law is down under on that , but i would assume they couldnt do it there either

as to them rejecting your 3ds for repair on rounds of flashcart use , i would say that by the looks of the pic of your 3ds they would have ,uh .. other grounds to reject it

tj445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They really can't do anything as long as you have it under warranty periods.
They can however refuse that if they make public the way they use to see the logs, If something is hidden to the user, then that doesnt validate as proof

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you send it in with the flashcart inside (like certain people...), they can't tell if you had a flashcart in it at some point in time or not. They can only see a lot of one game played (the one your flashcart is disguised as), but they can't do anything just with that. And even at that point, they probably won't check the activity log.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the flash card being sent in. its not there fault. They tell u that if u send in extra stuff, I.e. case, memery card, controller, game, etc.. Its not there fault if something happens to it because all they as for is the item that needs repairing.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
totalnoob617 said:
isnt that illegal for them to destroy your property like that?i would have sued
but then again i see your not in the U.S.so im not sure what the law is down under on that , but i would assume they couldnt do it there either

as to them rejecting your 3ds for repair on rounds of flashcart use , i would say that by the looks of the pic of your 3ds they would have ,uh .. other grounds to reject it

QUOTE(superthorn96 @ Jul 11 2011, 02:43 PM) did they destroy it physically or software wise
Don't you guys read? No one destroyed anything!

EDIT: If you were talking to 8BitWalugi, never mind. Sorry
tongue.gif

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If its a defect unrelated to the use of a flashcard they have no right to deny repairs. It doesn't mater what they say about it in the TOS it does not matter if they can detect it that you used a falshcard.
European consumer laws say you should get those repairs. If its within the warranty period of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo