Nintendo Releases New Wii Firmware

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
I'm considering updating. I have a chip so I can load the HBC as an ISO so...Yeah. The HBC apparently still works though.

I haven't been able to get teh HBC to load as an ISO.

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Sobtanian said:
OK, more testing:

Softchip says that cIOS36_rev8 is still installed, which is useful
smile.gif

Channels:
Regionfreed channels (using wizzle shizzle....) are working fine! So Bit.Trip and Gradius (the 2 I tested) which are both NTSC work fine on my PAL 4.0E after region freeing them.
ANY NONLEGIT Channels (pal, ntsc) DO NOT work after copying to SD card, "failed to launch" error. Trying to copy them back doesn't work either. SO, the only way to play nonlegit channels is to use the wad manager to install them, the old fashioned way.

I don't know what this IOS16 business is all about? I just downloaded a wad, installed it with wad manager, and it worked.

So this is one of the few who still works with WADs.

I've a Wii with YAOSM, downgraded from 3.4U to 3.2U, and have a few questions:
- The 4.0U don't overwrite the cIOS installed?
- If I have 4.0U (and cIOS) I still can install WADs via WAD Manager?
- What cIOSes do you recomend to install?
- WADs installed with WAD Manager in 4.0U (and cIOS) still work?
- WADs installed with WAD Manager in 4.0U (and cIOS) can be moved to and from SD card?
- WADs installed with WAD Manager in 4.0U (and cIOS) can run from SD card?

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here is my situation. My Wii is still firmware 3.2, I have the HBC installed and all that good stuff. When Madworld was released, the disc required a system update for me to play it, which I didnt want to do, so I installed softmii in order to bypass the update check.

I really want to get this new update, as I have purchased way too many VC and Wiiware titles to fit on my system and I hate copying stuff back and forth. So this is where I am at.

My original NAND was not backed up thru the installation of softmii, and I now have hacks installed, and preloader, and all that jazz.

What effect would this update have on my wii? Will the HBC and emulators, and wad manager still work if I update it? Im really not too concerned about playing backup games and whatnot, as there are only 2 or 3 really good games released on the wii a year, but I do love my emulators, and as I stated before, I have purchased a ton of VC games, and mostly N64 titles.

Hopefully somebody can help me out here

Mushkin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Just updated my WII to 4.0E and tried HBC anda WiiGator backup loader and all worked out of the box, just one thing missing to me to try, hacked pal vc games
Bye
smile.gif

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just updated.

I copied a Musha Genesis Channel (I brought from the Wii Shop) and Rocket Knights Adventure (Custom Inject Rom) to the SD Card. Both Launched correctly.

With the CIOS, I was able to install WADs fine. The Homebrew Channel works fine. Some apps don't work but using this guide should fix that.

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RadioShadow said:
I've just updated.

I copied a Musha Genesis Channel (I brought from the Wii Shop) and Rocket Knights Adventure (Custom Inject Rom) to the SD Card. Both Launched correctly.

With the CIOS, I was able to install WADs fine. The Homebrew Channel works fine. Some apps don't work but using this guide should fix that.

Rocket Knight Adventure launched via SD Card Menu correctly?
frown.gif

I can't get any of my injects to work, they all error out sadly.

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
On Wiibrew they say that WAD Manager is not affected if the cIOS were installed before the update... So I assume that I can install the games and they'll run fine? And that I can move the games to the SD card?

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you can install the games and play them off the wii menu like you did before but they will not work if you put them on your sd card.
also if you copy it to your sd cad it will NOT let you copy it back (only if you used wad manager, shop channel installs works fine)

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
trancepara said:
RadioShadow said:
I've just updated.

Rocket Knight Adventure launched via SD Card Menu correctly?
frown.gif

I can't get any of my injects to work, they all error out sadly.

The Custom Channel boots from the SD Menu if the Channel is on the Wii. Otherwise a fail occurs.
frown.gif

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
pro2oman said:
you can install the games and play them off the wii menu like you did before but they will not work if you put them on your sd card.
also if you copy it to your sd cad it will NOT let you copy it back (only if you used wad manager, shop channel installs works fine)

So there's no real reason to update the damn system if you aren't a compulsive Wii Shop buyer, right?
Nice. I'll stay with my 3.2U for now.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.2U Wii with cIOScorp v2. If, theoretically, I installed this, would I still be able to:
Use Wiigator v3
Use GCBackup
Use the WAD Manager
Use the HBC
Use Custom (Ie. Injected VC, Gecko OS, etc.) WADs (From NAND or SD)

As far as I know, this would break the backup loaders but still leave the HBC intact?
Maybe the best thing to do is just wait until people hack it. Obviously, a hacked version that supports everything that 3.2 does as well as loading from SD (in data.bin or maybe even WAD form) would be ideal.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
- The Hombrew Channel Runs Fine
- WAD Manager 1.3 Runs Fine
- Most Apps run fine if you install IOS Downgrader 1.0 (CIOS must be installed)
- Custom WADs run fine on the Wii Menu.
- Custom WADs don't run on the SD Card (only titles from the Wii Shop you downloaded)
- Can't get Wii Gator to run (let) but I am using an old version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1