Homebrew Nintendo releases 11.17.0-50

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Does PicHaxx-R work on 11.17? To clarify, by PicHaxx-R I mean this: https://wiki.hacks.guide/wiki/3DS:Alternate_Exploits/Homebrew_Launcher_(PicHaxx)

Yes, it requires the otherapp but I heard that the otherapp was only patched on 11.17.0-50U, while I have European firmware.
Post automatically merged:

Nintendo is way too incompetent to really find out a way to protect their software from modding.
Not really, the Mariko Switch is literally their Fort Knox.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could just try it and find out..?
Please not. @Ondrashek06 does not have ntrboot at hand as far as I know.
Experiments in this regard require uninstallation of B9S, which is the last thing that should be done right now, when most entrypoints do not work anymore.

PicHaxx still works, and if otherapp is required, there will most likely soon be an update for the US region.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Only for eur and jap, please edit your post so people don't ruin their consoles
Sure! I dont think it will ruin but lets Edit

Please not. @Ondrashek06 does not have ntrboot at hand as far as I know.
Experiments in this regard require uninstallation of B9S, which is the last thing that should be done right now, when most entrypoints do not work anymore.

PicHaxx still works, and if otherapp is required, there will most likely soon be an update for the US region.
Well if you got a ntrboot you can play around. However the normal person shouldn't do this.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because it's different from the old PicHaxx which required universal-otherapp.
But PicHaxx has always required otherapp. Even https://wiki.hacks.guide/wiki/3DS:Alternate_Exploits/Homebrew_Launcher_(PicHaxx) which you linked to requires otherapp. Did you intend to link to a different page?

ETA: Perhaps you are making a distinction between universal-otherapp, which would launch the boot9strap installer directly (via an exploit that was patched in... 11.14, I think?), and the otherapp that starts the Homebrew Launcher? I'm still not sure who is calling anything "PicHaxx-R"; not even Google seems to know.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad i hacked mine 3DS on seedminer and hasnt update since bought it still on 11.0.9 firmware. Every time i turn on and asked me to update i click with my middle finger on NO :rofl2:

Chicco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Guys,
please help me.
I dont understand if I can mod my 3DS or not.
I have a NEW 3DS Xl with 11.14.0-46E (NOT MODDED!)
3DS hack guide alert is not update console to 11.17 (I think is referred to US firmware only!).
But following the guide to hack my console, the first thing to do is to update the console to last firmware with WIFI connection!
This is really misleading to me.
Can or not hack my console and can follow the guide without a fail???
Thank you for the help!

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That only applies to the US version. Like Linuxares said: If anyone wanna hack their 3DS (except the US) at the moment they can use super-skate or seedminer.

Reactions: Chicco

Chicco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That only applies to the US version. Like Linuxares said: If anyone wanna hack their 3DS (except the US) at the moment they can use super-skate or seedminer.
Thak u for your reply!
I think that they should specify that alert message is only for US CONSOLES... the guide is misleading actually.
So I have to update my console to last firmware or there is a better way to mod from 11.14?
thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn