Nintendo receives Excellence Award for the Nintendo Switch

award.jpg

Today in Japan, AMD (Association of Media in Digital) awarded Nintendo with its Excellence Award because of how much of an impact the Nintendo Switch had since its release on March 3rd, 2017. The ones who received the award on behalf of Nintendo were Yoshiaki Koizumi, Ko Shiota and Shinya Takahashi, who are seen in the picture above. Koizumi said his goal is to make people immerse with the Nintendo Switch 24 hours a day and didn't expect to receive that award one year ago. Takahashi promised to continue making amazing things for the future.

The nearly two hours long ceremony can be watched >here<, though it is in japanese.

:arrow: Source

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uc

I wonder if it came with this picture.

To be honest, I've never even heard of this award. It did confuse me at first why AMD would be giving out rewards to competing companies but thankfully some of the other posts cleared that up for me.
Why does the Switch get that award out of all things though. It's a cool concept but it's also riddled with design flaws so I wouldn't really say it excels. I like my Switch but I don't think it's quite good enough to receive an award.
I think it's due to the fact that as a way of delivering digital media, the Switch has soared above any competition in terms of hardware sales in a given time period

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is really feeling it. Also its weird not seeing Miyamoto up there...
It looks like there's a new generation of Nintendo heads rising, which isn't necessarily a bad thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The DC is so dear to me. I owned a kiosk once, you know.

Can a PSP or DS run DC games?
Nope

Reactions: ToonGoomba

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't get it, it's to big to carry around all the time and to small to use withouth a proper tv and even though many people seem to think the size and weight is okay to carry it around most people seem to agree that the joycon are made for toddlers hands and that you "need" to buy a pro controller if you want to enjoy this ...

so whats so excellent here ?
If the xbox would get the same games I would probably go for the xbox.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it, it's to big to carry around all the time and to small to use withouth a proper tv and even though many people seem to think the size and weight is okay to carry it around most people seem to agree that the joycon are made for toddlers hands and that you "need" to buy a pro controller if you want to enjoy this ...

so whats so excellent here ?
If the xbox would get the same games I would probably go for the xbox.
I just think they're neat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse