Nintendo President And Capcom Talk Resident Evil: Revelations

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Zekrom_cool, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Zekrom_cool
    OP

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
    [​IMG]

Masachika Kawata, the producer behind Capcom’s stunning looking Resident Evil Revelations recently had a chat with Nintendo president Satoru Iwata to discuss the two Resident Evil games that are in the works for the Nintendo 3DS. Iwata was specifically interested in how Capcom were finding it developing both Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D and Resident Evil: Revelations simultaneously on the same platform.[/p]

[​IMG]Source

2. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The only handheld game I remember being scaring was that one shooter on the DS, where you were in a prison or something, and it was always dark, and you had a flashlight. I didn't play it much, but it certainly, in the beginning, made me not want to go anywhere. Was it by the same guys who did that Moon game?

3. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    So Revelations more graphically intense than shooting? [​IMG]

4. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I think you're talking about Dimentium? For me, it was definitely Nanashi no Game that scared me most on the DS.

5. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Yep. Dementium 1 and 2. The first is only kind of scary because they screw you, but the second game is really well done.

From what I gather from the article, there is worry that dipping back into the RE roots may actually turn off gamers who only got into it with the arcade feeling RE4 and RE5. It's the best route though, as the high action on the console versions wouldn't work on a handheld. I'm sure the 3DS can't render as far and well as a PS3 or 360, so they needed to think realistically. What's better than tight hallways where you turn into the most frightening, messed up creature you've ever seen a foot away from your face?

6. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    The one where you start in a cell is Dementium II, indeed by Renegade Kid, the developers behind Moon and DII's prequel.
    I have to say DII is one of my favorite games of all time.

I can't wait for Revelations. One of my most wanted games for the 3DS (after KH 3D)

7. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Did you play Nanashi no Game in japanese or is an english fan translation available?

8. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i never really liked Mercenaries on the consoles and i doubt i will have interest in buying this on the 3ds, also capcom are milking it, they could have easily added Mercenaries and the revelations onto one 3ds cart (you wait when both games are dumped and see the size of both games, that will prove my point) but they had to be a money making machine and release them separate, capcom are like this with dlc so there is no surprise there, also on the console versions of resident evil 5 they released versus mode separately and all it was is a unlock code a very small file, complete con, capcom have gotten so greedy over the years.

9. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You must have skipped over the part where they wanted to bring out something this year, since Revelations is scheduled to be released in 2012. Putting both games onto one card means delaying Mercenaries till sometime next year when the people want something now. I'm not defending Capcom possible "milking" of the franchise, but they want something out now to appease the consumers. Let's not also forget that Mercenaries 3D is not just a simple port, as they have added a bunch of stuff not present in the console portions.

10. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    Hey Capcom, just to let you know, implementing Save Resetting restrictions on this will most definitely make me NOT buy this game.