http://gonintendo.com/?p=80815

Punch Out!! Wii - 8.5/10
Black Sigil - 5.0
Jake Hunter - 6.0
Up - 6.5
Magician’s Quest - 7.5
C.O.R.E. - 5.5
Help Wanted - 4.5

lol ouch! Kinda expected to be honest, the more these games got delayed the less I got interested. Of course NP usually score things lower than what people would so yet again, its best to try them for yourselves.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
...Of course NP usually score things lower than what [other] people would...

That's the first time I've read anyone say that. Usually folks accuse NP of the opposite. They recently gave a "9" to both Klonoa and MadWorld, and they were a lot more generous than most with their review of Major Minor's Majestic March. I've never really noticed any sort of trend with them in terms of scores.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
irpacynot said:
Hadrian said:
...Of course NP usually score things lower than what [other] people would...

That's the first time I've read anyone say that. Usually folks accuse NP of the opposite. They recently gave a "9" to both Klonoa and MadWorld, and they were a lot more generous than most with their review of Major Minor's Majestic March. I've never really noticed any sort of trend with them in terms of scores.

What I see is that hyped games get bigger scores, and more unknown ones are ditched. Soul Bubbles got a 6 and it's one of my favorite DS games. C.O.R.E. and Black Sigil might be the same case
tongue.gif

twisteddeeds

Trophies
XP
Country
ive lost interest in review scores over time... why base your purchases on one review? there have been so many "wrong calls" on games. IGN and Gamespot especially are a joke. if you want an indepth review try gametrailers.. but even then i tend to base my purchases by browsing the net for as much info as spoiler free as can be possible before i make a purchase.

in saying that i do still look at the numbers

BUT a number is just a number at the end of the day.. and everyone has their own opinion and likes and dislikes..

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I knew this would happen. After what happened with Lux Pain, I'm not so sure about DS games anymore.

rofl2.gif
What?!

What's not to be sure of? Even if one percent of DS games are worth playing, that's a lot considering how many games come out for this system in a month. But the reality is, there are tons of great games always coming out for DS. Sure, they usually all hit around the same time, with a large drought in between, but such is the nature of company quarterlies. Bad scores for Black Sigil and Core -- which are no surprise to me at all -- are no reason to doubt the productivity of DS. Heck, you'd think the system would be dead by now, but it seems that the best games are still coming.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been saying CORE is going to suck since the original trailer. :-P

It doesn't look THAT good, it seems pretty boring and the music is dreadfully distasteful. We already have CoD:WaW on DS, why do people think some sci-fi shooter set to "heavy" music in some lame, misguided attempt to reclaim the "hardcore" gamer is really going to do well?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
CockroachMan said:
...Soul Bubbles got a 6...
Blasphemy
hate2.gif
That game is amazing!

I pretty much expected these scores
tongue.gif
I agree on Soul Bubbles. I haven't really trusted NP since then. They give low scores to some really awesome games. I think they did the same to Avalon Code and some others. Soul Bubbles is one of the best DS games. It's beautiful, plays awesomely, and has such wonderful ambiance and atmosphere. Quite relaxing AND challenging at the same time. I was actually kind of reminded of Ecco the Dolphin.

I'll wait for other reviews for Black Sigil and CORE. After all the glowing previews for Black Sigil, I expect at least a FEW positive reviews.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
War said:
I knew this would happen. After what happened with Lux Pain, I'm not so sure about DS games anymore.

rofl2.gif
What?!

What's not to be sure of? Even if one percent of DS games are worth playing, that's a lot considering how many games come out for this system in a month. But the reality is, there are tons of great games always coming out for DS. Sure, they usually all hit around the same time, with a large drought in between, but such is the nature of company quarterlies. Bad scores for Black Sigil and Core -- which are no surprise to me at all -- are no reason to doubt the productivity of DS. Heck, you'd think the system would be dead by now, but it seems that the best games are still coming.
Sorry, I expressed myself wrong. What I meant to say was basically that I can't judge a book by its cover when it comes to new DS games. I was so sure Lux Pain was going to be awesome, I was really hyped. Then NP gave it a really low score, and that was a big punch in the gut for me. Then I played the game... Anyway, I didn't mean to make it sound like I doubt DS games in general! Trust me, I love my DS more than any other handheld or console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.