Top Spin 3 (Wii) = 7.0

Iron Man(Wii) = 5.5

Super DodgeBall Brawlers (DS) = 6.5

Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles (DS) = 5.0

Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy (Wii) = 8.5

Top Spin 3 (DS) = 6.0

Iron Man (DS) = 5.0

We Ski (Wii) = 6.0

I can post reviews on request if wanted.
Trying to keep what jumpman17 started going.

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
sepinho said:
webyugioh said:
I can post reviews on request if wanted.
Boom Blox and/or Blast Works would be awesome. I didn't even know the latter was due to be released anytime soon.
boom%20blox.jpg
||||||
Blast%20Works.jpg

There you go, I can post more if anyone else wants any.

Also, anyone else thinks it is funny that it is just now May and I get the June 2008 issue?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
No TWEWY?

Only game worth playing this month.
I agree, thats the only game that stood out this month. Though Pokemon Mystery Dungeon got all the buzz do to all the Pokemon fans out there that it basically overshadowed everything else. The game isn't much of an improvement over the first one. :/ Though I'm currently addicted to TWEWY and it had gotten alot of praise.

I like the review they gave for it over at Penny Arcade
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/5/2/

QUOTEI really feel as though The World Ends With You has bored out my consciousness, widened it, that I might have room to store the concepts it presents. It's made me a kind of host organism for its glory, and in the proud tradition of host organisms I'm here to pass on my writhing payload.

This is a game that makes digestion cool. Many games have food, it's classic really, but how many games model the size of your stomach? Foods act as buffs, with ongoing effects that last a certain number of battles, capped off with a permanent increase when they complete. This makes me so happy that I want to pop the fucking cartridge out and kiss it.

It's relatively easy to get your head around the game's notion of "In" brands that give you advantages in specific districts, with an escalating hierarchy of cool that confers ever more potent effects - but even the weapons are branded. In this game, your weapons are called "Pins," which act as its Pokémon Equivalent. They are ultra-desirable, have custom art, and there's a fuckload of them. The Pins themselves gain experience in a number of ways, leveling and sometimes evolving. These pins bristle with twinkling systems, let me show you them:

- First, they represent substantial custom combo potential, with many unique touchscreen interactions.

- Turn off your DS, and when you turn it back on, your currently equipped pins will have earned XP for up to seven days.

- Each pin has another set of statistics, parallel to the standard ones, for use in a mini-game called "Tin Pin Slammer."

- Set the game to "Mingle Mode" and earn a special variety of experience each time your system comes in contact with another wireless DS, regardless of what they're playing. I hope people are still slotting this game when PAX rolls around, because I think I could retire on that kind of XP.

There isn't time here to talk about the game's bizarre yet deeply groovy approach to two screen combat, or its sparkling, gloom-banishing soundtrack, or its omnipresent supernatural art. it's a game you can attempt to contain linguistically, but in the end you just sort of gesture toward the closest games retailer. I don't mean to be such a discount swami, but the game itself argues a very strong case.

I mention in the podcast that the Japanese district of Shibuya (where the game apparently takes place) may have some global position but is no more "real" to me as a result. The name might as well be drawn from a Scrabble bag. I understand now, after having done research on the Internet, that young people there are known to be brand-obsessed. They can be forgiven for this, certainly. They're only trying to seize any advantage they can. Their Goddamned town is under perpetual demonic assault.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the review for Summon Night sounds really promising. Though the game sounds like more of a dungeon crawler than the past two GBA games, the control for the game sounds really fun. Looking forward to it more now after reading the NP review.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Freaking Future US. Still waiting on this issue. They seem to have such a problem delivering my issues to me. Last time they did this I e-mailed them and they said they'd extend my subscription by a month and I ended up buying the issue in the stores and then it arrived a day later. And then a couple days after that the new issue arrived. Oh, and they never extended my subscription.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse