Nintendo Power August review scores

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Jun 28, 2009.

Jun 28, 2009
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I assume this is August issue at least since that's how they do magazines (one month ahead).

Little King’s Story (Wii) - 9.0
    Virtua Tennis 2009 (Wii) - 7.0
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Wii) - 5.5
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (DS) - 8.0
    Mega Man Star Force 3 (DS) - 6.0
    Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits (DS) - 7.0
    The Bigs 2 (Wii) - 6.0
    Dawn of Discovery (DS) - 8.5
    Overlord: Minions (DS) - 7.0
    Overlord Dark Legend (Wii) - 7.0

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=18847

Not that they matter anymore. They're just not really reputable, but some people might want to know about this. I kind of expect Megaman Starforce 3 to get really low reviews like the rest of the series. I just don't yet understand why people think it's so much better than the other two games. Looks and plays the same. The one improvement is the ability to jack in and out of the waveworld whenever you want (without finding a warp point). But I'll play it anyways just to see what the big deal is.

2. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I totally forgot Little King story was coming out. I can't figure out why the European version was released so much earlier than the US. Anyway, glad to see another score that praises it. I hear it's an awesome game.

3. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    God damn them and their low review scores for the Mega Man games >:[ They're not for everyone, but I don't think they are THAT bad. Also, expected a little more for Devil Summoner.

4. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    Never read Nintendo power's reviews.
    They're writers are a bunch of fanboys with misleading reviews.

5. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    I dont think its becasue their fanboys. I just think its becasue they're just really bad in general. I expected Harry Potter to get a higher score. I'm not saying it would be good but at least decent since the last was decent. This years is pretty much the same thing.

6. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    I mean...
    Seriously, They gave Sonic and the Secret Rings an 8.3.
    When technically most of the sites gave it a 7.1.

You guys get what i'm saying when i say there reviews are misleading?

7. EnigmaXtreme

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Nintendo Power and in fact ALLLLLL Official Ninty mag reviews are biased, Unauthorized one are your friends!

8. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Yeah, Nintendo Magazine's reviews suck, the French magazine gave the DS Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games a fucking 9! What the shit? Unauthorized magazines at least give some scores the games actually deserve.

9. Thunderboyx

Member Thunderboyx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I"m not surprised [​IMG]

10. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    After playing Devil Survivor since it dumped, I have to agree with their score. I think Gamespot over-rated it. It's a very good game -- tight in every way -- but it's actually pretty basic in the end. Good writing, good graphics and fun but repetitive combat make a really good game, but not a great one.

With Mega Man I think they were being generous. It's more Capcom shovelware in my opinion.

11. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Reviewers always bash the Megaman games just because they offer little that's new.
    It's unfair since you KNOW that it's going to be just as good as the last Megaman game you played, you don't penalise a game for being the same, surely?!
    I remember Nintendo official magazine bashing Megaman Battle Network 3, best fucking game I played. They didn't even mention the Navi Customiser.

What I find especially insulting is that when they return to doing the same old thing they were doing YEARS ago, like Megaman 9, all of a sudden it's fucking praise all around.

12. GeekyGuy

United States
    Well, that's because it's once again fresh. See, rather then rehashing the same shite every six months, they went back to a formula and style that hadn't been touched for years. So, folks have a renewed appreciation for it. The things is, with reviewing you have to use common sense and take those things into account.

13. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    No, that's bullshit.
    Review scores shouldn't indict the time between releases of sequels as a penalty, especially since this is only the third game in the series, not the 6th.
    Review scores stay with a game for as long as they exist, in a few years time a good game with a bad score for a stupid reason like that...it's damaging.

14. GeekyGuy

United States
    Like Nintendo Power's review, everyone has an opinion. Your problem is you don't like their opinion; therefore, their review is without merit. Good luck with all that. I still think it's Capcom shovelware, and obviously some reviewers agree with me. [​IMG]

15. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I'm split on Megaman Starforce 3. On one hand, people who have tried it says it's amazing. But then reviews bash it. I doubt it's much of an improvement but I guess we'll see. I hope this new BN/SF crossover brings back some of the fun of the GBA titles. The thing is that Megaman fans hyped the second SF game to death and said it was amazing. I see the same thing happening to the third game, but we'll see again.

I'll play MMSF3 nevertheless. Despite the hate of the series, I kind of enjoyed the previous two. If this one is considerably better, I guess it could be decent.

16. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i dont think the ratings are too bad... ppl want it to be like how they felt it and this can't always happen u know
    thanks for the scores