Nintendo Posts First Operating Profit in Four Years

Luigi Money.png
It's been quite some time since we've heard good news from Nintendo's accountants. The company has been posting operational losses for four years in a row, but this time around it seems that fortune is smiling upon our favourite company from the land of the cherry blossom.

According to their latest financial report, Nintendo has posted an operating profit of 24.8 billion yen ($208 million) for the fiscal year, a huge improvement from last year's $390 million operating loss. Although their revenue continues to decline, the company seems to be recovering from a four-year long rut.

The Time attributes these good results to Nintendo's recent high-profile releases including Super Smash Bros. 4, Pokemon ORAS and Mario Kart 8, the current Wii U best-seller. I myself would like to add that Amiibos turned out to be big money-makers for the company and they probably helped Nintendo turn over a New Leaf, pun intended. Here's for hoping Nintendo continues on their road to recovery and becomes consistently profitable once again.

:arrow: Source

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quality & awareness.
Example:
Just recently we had some friend & family over.
All of them dedicated sony and microsoft owners.
Upon opening my closet to show my latest 360 games, they spotted my gamepad.
They never knew ninty had a new console.
I told them the gamepad wasnt the actual colsole.
I explained it was part of the wiiu gamesystem.
I got the usual complaints about Nintendo games were kiddy and graphics could never catch up.
I let them play ,Nintendoland, Mariokart8, art academy, Bayonetta2, Sm3d world, Smash bros, Lego city, rayman, dk country, zelda ww, Monster hunter.
They could not put down their controllers. They had so much fun TOGETHER.
They also were pleasanty surprised by the Wiiu graphics , the speed and fluidity they are presented. Mind blow that games like smash bros run at 60 fps in full hd, (1080p ) the possibilies of the gamepad and that you can use wiimotes, ccpro, wiiu pro controllers. The fact that it's also a full softmoddable Wii system also was positively received.
Free online multiplayer was initially not believed........

To cut story short, all families got a wii u sytem last week.
This after playing just one evening, quality games and family fun made them belivers.
I think Nintendo thought their wiiu system would sell itself after the succes of the Wii.
In this particular case it proofes they promoted the Wii u not enough.
I was really surprised they shifted from hardcore nintendo sceptics to Nintendo lovers in just a few hours.
Smiles and laughter do feel good I must admit, so that must have been a huge part of this shift.
They also said the system felt like some sort of Snes. They could not explain this but I think it has something to do with the feel of the gameplay and the polished graphics. The last MK8 dlc literally drips of production quality, showing nintendo's shops and dedication to quality over quantity.
On the other hand they were not fond of my White Wiiu. They all bought the black mk8 bundle.
I also hate my yellow Thumbsticks......

console sold well =/= good console.
You probably don't know that your families consoles is collecting now more dust than all your consoles combined

Reactions: Deleted User

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
console sold well =/= good console.
You probably don't know that your families consoles is collecting now more dust than all your consoles combined

Well... I mean, considering all of my consoles are considered "family consoles"...

Actually, my 2DS is probably collecting more dust than my Wii U right now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu