OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
“For the next five years or so, Nintendo fully expects the 3DS to act as a key pillar underlying its overall business performance,” said Jay Defibaugh, director of equity research in consumer electronics and games for MF Global FXA Securities

did i prove my theory?
Source
my theory was that a nintendo console was not coming for a long while
for those who have not read that thread
sorry i forgot source

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This doesn't REALLY seem like a news, more like a "I was right" thing
tongue.gif
Moving to 3DS section.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it would be quite silly to work primarily on a system then release another
it wouldnt make sense
i believe that if a majority of buisiness is for 3ds, then earliest they could release a console is 5 years from now
i mean like a wii successor

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigpaws said:
it would be quite silly to work primarily on a system then release another
it wouldnt make sense
i believe that if a majority of buisiness is for 3ds, then earliest they could release a console is 5 years from now
i mean like a wii successor

Nintendo were marketing and working on the DS and Wii simultaneously and it obviously worked. No reason they wouldn't put out a Wii successor to market alongside the 3DS.

Nintendo cares about money first and foremost. Putting out a Wii successor will just give them more money. Once the Wii has run dry you'll start seeing a successor popping up.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
bigpaws said:
QUOTE said:
“For the next five years or so, Nintendo fully expects the 3DS to act as a key pillar underlying its overall business performance,” said Jay Defibaugh, director of equity research in consumer electronics and games for MF Global FXA Securities

did i prove my theory?
Source
sorry i forgot source
No.
Your theory was that Nintendo would phase out the home console pillar of their "X pillar strategy".

This just means DS will take a back seat, as should be obvious, as 3DS will be their main focus in the handheld market.

Also:
Your source is a Chinese website? Not sure if want.
Also:
"Jay Defibaugh, director of equity research in consumer electronics and games for MF Global FXA Securities."
This means he's an analyst. Just like Michael Pachter.
Not connected to Nintendo.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err it says "A key pillar" How it that unexpected at all? The average console/handheld lifespan is about 5 years.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigpaws said:
QUOTE said:

did i prove my theory?
Source
sorry i forgot source

If they want to use the 3DS as a pillar for 5 years, Nintendo as a company will cease to exist within that time frame. Apple is coming out with updates to the iPhone and iPad on a yearly basis. Android is on a 6 month cycle. In 5 years the 3DS will be literally 5-10 generations behind in the hand held market. Even at the GDC devs are actively taking about how the handheld gaming market is absolutely shifting towards the phone market. People do not want to carry 2 devices. They especially don't want to carry a uni-tasker. Why carry a 3DS if my phone does basically the same thing? That kind of question is going to become more and more relevant. The biggest handheld game last year was.... Angry Birds. The trend is moving towards gaming on the phone and if Nintendo misses the boat they'll be stuck with a handheld device no one wants.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
bigpaws said:
QUOTE said:

did i prove my theory?
Source
sorry i forgot source

If they want to use the 3DS as a pillar for 5 years, Nintendo as a company will cease to exist within that time frame. Apple is coming out with updates to the iPhone and iPad on a yearly basis. Android is on a 6 month cycle. In 5 years the 3DS will be literally 5-10 generations behind in the hand held market. Even at the GDC devs are actively taking about how the handheld gaming market is absolutely shifting towards the phone market. People do not want to carry 2 devices. They especially don't want to carry a uni-tasker. Why carry a 3DS if my phone does basically the same thing? That kind of question is going to become more and more relevant. The biggest handheld game last year was.... Angry Birds. The trend is moving towards gaming on the phone and if Nintendo misses the boat they'll be stuck with a handheld device no one wants.
Nintendo has some killer I.P's though....they could support a handheld with only pokemon games if they wanted to ....besides Nintendo has never had any problems on the handheld market....

Rafinesque

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone notice it wasn't someone from Nintendo that made that statement? The person making the statement probably has no idea what Nintendo's real internal plans are...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol