heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rumour!!!

Nikkei has made a couple of announcements ahead of Nintendo's E3 conference tomorrow.

For 3DS, the paper says that Nintendo will announce a large screen version of the system. The new version will have a 4.3 inch screen, or 1.5 times the current size. A release in North America, Japan and Europe could happen as early as Summer.

Regarding the Wii U, Nikkei says that it is expected the price will be around 30,000 yen.

http://andriasang.co...ei_nintendo_e3/

loco365

Trophies
XP
4.3 inches is pretty effing huge. Wonder if the Nyko Powerpak+ will still work in it or if they'll need to make a Nyko Powerpak+ XL.

That is, if this is true.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSYCHEDPSYCEDPSYCHEDPSYCHEDPSYCHEDPSYCHEDPSYCHEDPSYCHEDPSYCHED
If it's true. I love my DSi XL, and have been awaiting a larger 3DS since the beginning. Plus, I like variation in my choice of console that won't make me (or others) feel alienated because they don't have the features the other one does.

Reactions: 4 people

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I hate those XL versions. A handheld has to fit in your pocket and should not be bigger than a controller.
The screen is more than big enough in my opinion.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't mind a 3DSXL actually, I brought mine knowing that a revision eventually could come down the line. I'm still skeptical though since Nintendo said that the 3DS wouldn't need a redesign.
But XL would make sense, I personally brought my 3DS since it's a very portable system, having something bigger than a DSL kinda kills the purpose for me.
Also I couldn't care less about improved battery life and a second circle pad, the battery last roughly 6 hours for me and I usually have a retractable USB charger with me. And a finger stylus equipped thumb on a touchscreen is miles better in accuracy than a secondary pad anyway.

btw amoleds are overrated and it's too late for higher screen resolutions.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not five hundred and ninety nine US dollars bad but it's still like (rounding the price to $350) $100 more than a PS3 and $150 more than a Xbox 360.

If it was within $50 of them then I'd consider but if this is true then I really won't bother with the system at all. Well I wasn't planning to anyway but my opinion is solidified (if it's true).

Reactions: 1 person

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt a bigger screen, it would be very hard on the battery. If it's true, I'm going to be extremely pissed off that Nintendo will do the same thing as they did with DSi and announce a clearly superior version extremely close to it's original launch. Why couldn't they offer this huge version when 3DS launched ?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo isn't announcing prices at E3 though. At least that's what I've read.
Where are they getting these numbers from?
@_______@
A Japanese magazine called Nikkei, they were the first to leak info about the XL IIRC.
No one knows what will happen at E3, you usually don't expect prices at E3 though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉