Nintendo Phasing Out 3DS Aqua Blue

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you prefer your 3DS in aqua blue, you'd better act quick! The official 3DS hardware pagesays that production for the system's Aqua Blue color variation will be ending shortly.
23y9n.jpg

Aqua Blue was one of the system's first two colors, launching alongside Cosmo Black on February 26, 2011. Cosmo Black appears to still be in production, as it does not have the same notice.
Other variations at the official site include Flare Red, Misty Pink, Ice White and Cobalt Blue.

Source: http://andriasang.com/con0ze/3ds_aqua_blue_productio
No, Aqua Blue!!!!!!!! :cry:
Edit:This might be for Japan only, Europe and North America have not mentioned any plans to discontinue Aqua Blue.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess they figure that more people are going after the other blue or other colors more.

Personally if I was going to get blue and it was here, I'll get the dark blue.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Ninty trying to boost sale by releasing a color and phasing out one.

Clever move.

Reactions: 1 person

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
If I'm not mistaken, this discontinuation has not been announced for Europe or N America.

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=177068
I hope you are right, I love Aqua Blue and I hope it doesn't get discontinued in Europe or North America. So I'm going to edit my post to reflect this, thank you.
Your welcome. However, I wouldn't be surprised if NOA follows suit soon because having 5 colors including the impending Purple version would be really stuffing the shelves of retailers. One's got to go (probably).

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm not mistaken, this discontinuation has not been announced for Europe or N America.

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=177068
I hope you are right, I love Aqua Blue and I hope it doesn't get discontinued in Europe or North America. So I'm going to edit my post to reflect this, thank you.
Your welcome. However, I wouldn't be surprised if NOA follows suit soon because having 5 colors including the impending Purple version would be really stuffing the shelves of retailers. One's got to go (probably).
Yeah..... that's depressing to know.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This news is JP only. They had more colors than other regions so this isn't that surprising. Maybe AB wasn't selling so well.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
My Aqua Blue 3DS is now shouting for a replacement 3DS. Maybe its time to get another Aqua Blue 3DS. I love this color.

Wear and tear signs are now visible @_@

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wont buy it until 3DS lite is out since I dont have 3DS because many games are not good enough for me, thought. I wait for 3DS lite and enough good games for me to buy it then. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see why they would do this, the color has frequently been used in 3DS presentations and ads as part of their blue/red/black on a white background theme.

3ds.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots