Gaming Nintendo Perks

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the fact that you can register games on Club Nintendo and get points to get prizes and games (even though I have never found anything yet that I really like so my points just add up).

I also just found out today about the Deluxe Digital Program where if you purchase games from the eshop, you get points and every 500 points you get, they give you a $5 voucher you can use to add to your eshop wallet. When I signed up/in today I found $5 that was just sitting there for me since June from when I purchased a game then.

I wish Club Nintendo would give money vouchers instead or in addition to the gifts and games they have to choose from.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Good stuff, yeah!
Unfortunately, the Deluxe Digital Program ends with the new year. :'( So rack up those points while you can!

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good stuff, yeah!
Unfortunately, the Deluxe Digital Program ends with the new year. :'( So rack up those points while you can!

Oh that sucks. Thanks for the info. I guess I better get my games before the new year then.

that's stupid that this is not an ongoing thing. Why have a deadline?

styckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird they are getting rid of it. I've gotten 3 VC games from the points I accumulated. While not a huge "return" for your investment, it was a return nonetheless and made me like Nintendo even more.. Gamestop does similar. I just earned a SMB [?] box key chain from my purchase points.. I hope Nintendo keeps it. While the rewards arent huge, it's nice to see a bit of a token of appreciation back from spending your hard earned money.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's weird they are getting rid of it.
I believe it was rolled out in the first place to give early adopters an added incentive without having to acknowledge them later in case there was a significant price cut or change to the Wii U (compare that to the 3DS Ambassador Program). It was also one extra differentiation between the Basic and Deluxe/Premium models.

I've accumulated two 5,00€ coupons, meaning I've spent about 100€ on the eShop. Not bad considering it's all Just Dance DLC... :ohnoes:

Reactions: yuyuyup

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe it was rolled out in the first place to give early adopters an added incentive without having to acknowledge them later in case there was a significant price cut or change to the Wii U (compare that to the 3DS Ambassador Program). It was also one extra differentiation between the Basic and Deluxe/Premium models.

I've accumulated two 5,00€ coupons, meaning I've spent about 100€ on the eShop. Not bad considering it's all Just Dance DLC... :ohnoes:
Right, forgot it was only for deluxe models. I was wondering what the hell you guys were talking about (I have the white shame)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

I got sucked into this thinking that those 300-ish points on my account would be gone through with a purchase of a £3 game but nope it's just like you say. As such, nope not happening.

At least you can buy VC games with your points. In UK we only have "bags", "hats", etc..

You can buy Nintendo Points to use on the eShop and I think that's what I'm gonna do since there's really nothing more interesting.

Yup, I just got my Club Nintendo BALL LCD game!
I could post pics if someone would like to see it?

The Game & Watch Ball, is it worth it? That costs 7500 points and since I'm close to having that same amount perhaps I'd go for it but then again I'd bankrupt my Club Nintendo. :P

Image from Club Nintendo:

5007-5086540210a6f.png

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The Game & Watch Ball, is it worth it? That costs 7500 points and since I'm close to having that same amount perhaps I'd go for it but then again I'd bankrupt my Club Nintendo. :P

It's very cheaply made, doesn't even do original Game & Watch games justice (I've got Oil Panic!). If you don't want to bankrupt your Club Nintendo, I've seen eBay sellers getting rid of these things for as low as 20 euros. They had a high price at first, but when the item came available in all regions, the price went down significantly.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Really? What's the fucking point of even buying them then. :-/

The European Club Nintendo is pretty shitty currently.

"Swap your Stars for Nintendo Points at the Nintendo Points Card Shop. Availability is limited. Terms and Conditions apply.
Please note: Nintendo Points can only be used in the Nintendo DSi Shop and Wii Shop Channel, and cannot be used in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo eShop on Wii U. " http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/nintendo-points-card-1000-37

Additionally, it's a stupid system. You can't just exchange Club Nintendo stars for Nintendo Points. As the message states, "availability is limited". What this means is that they have a queue system in place, which will give out only a set number of Nintendo Points and they are handed out in a first-come, first-served fashion. This means that you may be unable to actually exchange your Club Nintendo stars for Nintendo Points on a given day and have to try again the next day / later. I tried this system when I needed exactly 500 Nintendo Points to download a Virtual Console title only available on the Wii Shop Channel, but much to my disbelief the system was so convoluted and stupid I just gave up.

If anyone needed any more proof Nintendo doesn't understand modern times, please be my guest and try to comprehend the above paragraph... :/

EDIT: I should add the Virtual Console title I wanted to get is Blaster Master (NES), which for some reason is only available on the Wii Shop Channel and 3DS eShop, but not the Wii U eShop. Seeing as I couldn't get my Club Nintendo stars exchanged for Nintendo Points, I just went for the 3DS version as I had a 5,00 euro eShop coupon from the Wii U Premium / Deluxe Digital Promotion. At least they have shared eShop balance, or else I would've probably thrown both my Wii U and 3DS to the wall and went out to buy a NES and the Blaster Master cartridge since that seems easier than downloading a ****ing Virtual Console title.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Huh, so the Game & Watch Ball repro is of low quality and the Nintendo Points are pretty much pointless so that leaves me without much choice to wait and see if they'll insert anything during 2015.

There's those Mario Golf balls but why would I ever get that, to be honest.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
i have over 6000 points i'll never use on any of that CRAP!
Maybe in 2015 they'll add some Club Nintendo exclusive Video Game CDs, GameCube controllers and Amiibos.

*sigh* Club Nintendo website doesn't seem to be working properly as of now and I have 2x250 points to register but it can wait, anyway.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just joined club Nintendo (this club n year) and can say i haven't really used the program that much as I got wario land 3(who ammasing 300 coins right before the end of the year), wind waler HD(part of the mk8 promotion), kid Icarus VC 3ds, Brain age maths express, and kaploosh. Personally I really joined just for the end of the year content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol