DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow that will be real uncomfortable to play with. It looks a lot like a memory stick. Maybe this new type of cartridge is for additional software to be stored on the DS card?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's for the next wii Nintendo are going back to carts!
tongue.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
Whatever this is, it had better be damned awesome for it to have to stick out from the cartridge like some kind of Gameboy Camera or somethi---

THAT'S IT!

Oh wow. ...Oh wow. A completely and utterly failed on that one.

I apologize profusely for that public display of idiocy.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This has me interested but I doubt Nintendo will use it. Just because Nintendo patents something doesn't mean they're gonna use it. They patent all of their (mostly Miyamoto's) ideas and concepts so that no one else can use them.

Nintendo is the North Korea of the game industry.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Looks like one of those old passcards. Maybe they want to keep the DS compatibility without having to have 2 slots. Or maybe there will be 2 slots, one for GBA and the other one for DS/DS2 cards.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
If there is extra hardware in the cart -- then out standard flash cards won't be able to play the roms....

Maybe Nintendo wants to to render out flashcards useless on all new big name releases...
Wouldn't that just mean new flash cart desigh? or maybe if there a new cart like this that stick out the ds then if people have same game on a small cart they get caught???
QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Mar 5 2010, 06:01 PM) it's for the next wii Nintendo are going back to carts!
tongue.gif
LoL nice
tongue.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There could be a special chip like as the S-DD1 that has automatic copy protection wand serves as a graphics processor. To this day S-DD1 games can't be played on emulators so if its something like this then we have uncrackable AP on our hands.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hop2089 said:
There could be a special chip like as the S-DD1 that has automatic copy protection wand serves as a graphics processor. To this day S-DD1 games can't be played on emulators so if its something like this then we have uncrackable AP on our hands.
Star Ocean runs fine on both ZSNES and SnesGT.

EDIT: And so does SFA2. These are the only two games that used the S-DD1 chip. Clearly SNES emulation has improved.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flameiguana said:
Maybe its some special game. WarioWare Twisted had an abnormally shaped cartridge.

This. It's not for a DS successor, it's a patent for a kart with accelerometers or perhaps bluetooth or solar sensor I don't know what.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Depravo said:
Hop2089 said:

Ever since 2003.

I'm shocked to see how many people actually consider this to be some kind of new plot against piracy...So they're just supposed to ship every DS game on such a ridiculously huge cartridge? Yeah, that's all the more reason to stop pirating DS games!

And no, they're not putting "better graphics" or "additional software" on these cartridges...How much is it exactly you people think to know about computers?
blink.gif

KingVamp
or maybe if there a new cart like this that stick out the ds then if people have same game on a small cart they get caught???
What? Caught by whom? The police?
wacko.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe it's a 'GBA Shop Channel' cart. You plug in to the DSi and get access to a GBA Shop Channel where you can get GBA Games or play GBA Games. The extra size would be for the extra memory.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:

EDIT: And so does SFA2. These are the only two games that used the S-DD1 chip. Clearly SNES emulation has improved.

Not only that, but they both work emulated even on the PSP and full-speed too as far as I could see.

Hop2089 is really behind with the news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.