Nintendo Partner Showcase roundup - Portal collection available today, Live a Live demo

Nintendo aired a new Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcase today, and it turned out to be jam-packed with announcements. A full list of all the announcements is below:

The presentation begins with a trailer for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, a massive expansion to the original Rise. It will launch on July 30, and a demo is available today. Several free title updates are also detailed. The4 first will come in August and will add a new locale and several new monsters, like Seething Bazelgeuse and Lucent Nargacuga. Two more free updates will add more monsters in fall and winter of this year, and more is expected in 2023.

NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition will launch on October 6. It will feature all previously-released DLC for NieR: Automata and new Switch-exclusive costumes.

Moody, horror puzzle adventurer Lorelei and the Laser Eyes will launch first on console for Nintendo Switch in 2023.

Super Bomberman R2 will launch on Switch next year and will feature new game modes.

The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection will feature ten games originally released on the GBA. It will release in two volumes on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2023. The two volumes will only be available separately as digital purchases, possibly meaning they will release on the same day. The first volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man Battle Network 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue, and Mega Man Battle Network 3 White. The second volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team ProtoMan, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel, Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar, and Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar.

Pac-Man World, the first 3D platformer starring Pac-Man from the PS1, is getting a remake. Pac-Man World Re-Pac will launch on August 26.

Blanc is a black-and-white adventure game starring a fawn and a wolf cub who must traverse the wilderness together to get home. It will have local and online co-op and will launch as a console exclusive on Switch in 2023.

Return to Monkey Island, a sequel to the classic PC adventure series from the '90s, will be a timed console exclusive on Switch, but still just has a 2022 release date. A new trailer debuted showing some gameplay.

A new trailer debuted for Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, which will launch on October 20.

Next we get a quick highlight reel of some other games. Little Noah: Scion of Paradise is a side-scrolling action-adventure that launches today. Railgrade is a train management simulator coming fall, and RPG Time: The Legend of Wright is a puzzle game coming August 18 about a young aspiring game designer who draws in his notebook.

A new trailer debuts for the open-world Sonic Frontiers. It introduces a new feature called Cyberspace that allows Sonic to enter smaller areas that appear to resemble more traditional 3D Sonic levels. Available this holiday season.

Disney Dreamlight Valley is a free-to-play village life sim with Disney and Pixar characters living alongside each other. Launches via early access on September 6.

The upcoming remake of Live a Live, a SNES-era Square RPG that was previously only released in Japan, will be launching on July 22. A demo is also available today. The remake is being done in the 2DHD style of Octopath Traveler and Triangle Strategy.

Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom is a farm simulation game that launches later this year. Features local co-op.

Minecraft Legends is an RTS that launches in 2023.

Dragon Quest Treasures is a spin-off featuring characters from Dragon Quest 11 and releases December 9.

Portal: Companion Collection, a collection of Portal and Portal 2, launches on Switch today.

Harvestella is a new "fantasy x life" RPG coming from Square Enix. Launches November 4.

Finally, three popular titles from the Persona series will be coming to Switch. Persona 5 Royal launches on October 21, followed by Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden at later dates.

KanaKonpaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotta say, for a surprise showcase about third party games, I'm rather impressed with what was announced. Plenty of decent looking games by Square Enix were shown off, Pac Man World looks interesting, Live A Live looks great, and of course the Persona games are a great addition (though at this point, I might just play them on my laptop anyways with them coming to PC). Third party games tend to be something Nintendo has struggled with in the past (look at the Wii U), and this is an excellent line of announcements. For a company I have somewhat low faith in these days, this direct mini was better in my opinion than a lot of Nintendo's first party directs have been lately (such as the disastrous one announcing the 30 dollar "expansion" to NSO).

Only majorly concerning thing to me in there was that Sonic Frontiers game play. Just looks... odd. The "open world" segments seem extremely generic in both level design and enemy design, and the "cyberspace" areas seem completely disconnected from the rest of the game. It seems it reveals a new villain as well towards the end, but it just looks like every Sonic villain we've got in the past five years (infinite in particular). I find it odd this stuff was announced in a Nintendo Partner Showcase as well. After the rocky port of Sonic 3 & Knuckles in Sonic Origins, I hope Sega will release a good sonic game with this, but ugh, I have my expectations lowered.

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll still buy Re-Pac (unless it comes day one to Game Pass), but no Ms. Pac-Man in the recent collection and having replaced her in Re-Pac with Pac-Mom is disappointing. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker