1. tbb043

tbb043 Member

United States
    What's the good side? That noobs can try and claim e-peen for a dumbed down version of a game that, while great, was never that hard anyway? F that.

Mike_77712 likes this.
  2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Not unless you count the more impressive Super Mario Advance 4 with E-reader levels, or the Mega man Battle network secret chip access without multiplayer on Wii u. I could say more. :P

3. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBATemp's official Weedle fan-HAT-ic!

United States
    They should do this for Metroid too. This game and Metroid were the ones I always had trouble with.

4. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Some of you are really reaching for your "anti-Nintendo" drivel. Dear lord...

Flirkyn likes this.
  5. Mike_77712

Mike_77712 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Never change Nintendont

6. Kurt91

Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think the only real change that they should have gone with would have been to update the sword so that it works like every other Zelda game. In Z1, you only have a straight stab. Update it to let you swing it and do spin attacks, and it would already make the game a lot more accessable. It makes a way bigger difference than you'd think. (I played a remake of the original game that did this and altered the graphics to look like the Game Boy Color, but no other major differences. I was actually able to finish it, when I couldn't in the original.)

Azure_Kytia likes this.
  7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Is nothing impressive, is not a custom rom, it's a savestate. You don't even get infinite rupees. That would have been nice. I mean thanks for a savestate, might as well add a password screen and list passwords with various status effects. :blink:

8. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Hey! Don't be like that! Evil Nintendo-hater! They obviously had a meeting in which they had to decide between this or introducing the fucking map that came with each cartridge back in the day and was a major part of the game since it was useful and made it thanks to map reading (without annoying digital pointers everywhere) more like experiencing a "real and grand adventure" (reading a "old" map of course is part of every real grand adventure ;)). They obviously went with the right decision. I mean making the game actual playable like it was intended again with the help of a map like Odyssey has for the kingdoms (without the interactive part) would have destroyed the game... Good that they understand that the real problem with the first Zelda game is a shortage of money.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  9. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    There is actually something different with this ROM. Just tried it out and there's notitle screen, even if you reset through the restore menu. It's programed to auto load the save.

10. face235

face235 GBATemp's Official Lurker

United States
    I never had any money problem in LoZ1. I knew where the money-making games were and saved when I won and reset when I lost.

SonicMC likes this.
  11. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Japan
    Nintendo: Now for the Nintendo switch The Legend Of Zelda Let's hold your hand edition. We understand the zelda series maybe to violent and difficult so we are removing all combat and replacing Link's sword with a bunch of flowers and you befriend former enemies. making the game and the series much easier and less stressful we plan to re-release all of the currently released titles in this format from now on we hope you look forward to the new look on the franchise.

"1 week later Nintendo's core fanbase jump ship to the playstation and Nintendo's stock drop by 88%

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It could be possible that Nintendo do that kind of thing.

12. MeowMeowMeow

MeowMeowMeow S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ

Netherlands
    Jeez Nintendo felt very confident after their switch release with no legendary games at all... Yes Zelda and odyssey was fun but... Not the wow effect. And now this shit. Maybe we getting to old for nintendo(:

13. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Japan
    Maybe not I personally enjoy snk heroines, disgaea 5 dragon quest builders puyo puyo tetris and street fighter 2 the final challengers and doom

14. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Seperate game.

15. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

United States
    meh , if they were smart they would release zelda 1 and 2 as 3D classics on the 3DS
    they should have done it 2 years ago for the anniversary

16. Zeldaplayer67

Zeldaplayer67 (Secretly a Yo-Kai)

United States
    keyword: "If"

weatMod likes this.
  17. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Said it before and I'll say it again, NES games don't appeal to me, I can't play them more than 10 minutes without getting bored.

18. bluhacks

bluhacks Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Really thought it would be a official rom hack until I read that you only get infinite items.

19. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Wow what a pathetic way to simplify a classic title. I beat TLoZ when I was 5 years old, and it gave me an overwhelming sense of accomplishment. It was not easy at all, but part of the difficulty of a game is what keeps people addicted and coming back for more.
    Yet another reason for me to dislike Nintendo and the way they "give back to the community".

slaphappygamer likes this.
  20. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

United States
    Too true. After retroarch was released, I deleted nes online.

On a side note, does super dodgeball still have that horrible flickering? There are too many characters on the same line at the same time. Super dodgeball is far superior on the Gba.

Vorde likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Online, update