Nintendo Online cloud save service will not work for every game

switch-online-650x366.png

Though Nintendo's online service is launching soon, full information is sparse. One piece of knowledge has been revealed recently, likely accidentally due to the delayed direct, however, in regards to cloud saves. If you pay for Nintendo Switch Online, which gives you cloud save support, you might want to know that not all of your games will be compatible. Certain listings for games on Nintendo's site specify that they will not work with Save Data Cloud backup. These listings include Pokemon Let's Go, Splatoon 2, Dark Souls Remastered, Dead Cells, FIFA 19, NBA 2K19, and NBA Playgrounds.

For the above games that are multiplatform, they do indeed support cloud save support on other consoles with PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold.

Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. This game does not support Save Data Cloud backup.

:arrow: Source: Nintendo Official Site

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yea but that’s still pretty small compared to the other consoles. I know the switch is a year old but still it should have way more 1st party games.
I thought consoles thrived with their 3rd party games, which is why Nintendo couldn't compete. Funny how the discourse changes every time I read complaints about Nintendo.

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo is pissing at all of gamers. Paying for sth that is insane. I they should rethink it again, even Google and Fcken Apple is ofering limited cloud space for free, and Nintendo wanna charge for cutted service :(

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought consoles thrived with their 3rd party games, which is why Nintendo couldn't compete. Funny how the discourse changes every time I read complaints about Nintendo.
They do thrive from third party games. I’m just stating that they don’t have many 1st party games yet. I wasn’t really complaining cuz tbh I don’t really care. I’m more worried about Animal Crossing/Story of seasons being released more than anything.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never was expecting it to work with Pokémon. But I am expecting a new bank to be available with Pokémon 19

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo is pissing at all of gamers. Paying for sth that is insane. I they should rethink it again, even Google and Fcken Apple is ofering limited cloud space for free, and Nintendo wanna charge for cutted service :(

Google also increases the free size of life time storage, if your fast enough to claim it when available.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
  • Mario Odyssey
  • BOTW
  • Splatoon 2
  • ARMS
  • MK8DS
  • Smash Ultimate

(Some are not be 1st parties or exclusives but I think they are worth been mentioned)

• Xenoblade 2
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • DK:TF
  • Mario × Rabbids
  • Super Mario Party
  • Octopath Traveler
  • MH:G
  • Super Bomberman R
  • Doom
  • Pokémon: Let's Go
  • Fire Emblem 3 houses
  • Yoshi (Working title)
  • Sonic Mania
  • Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy
  • Pokémon 2019
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • Wolfenstein
  • Blazblue
  • Bayonetta
  • Captain Toad
  • Rocket League
  • A hat in time (SoonTM)
  • Skyrim
  • Minecraft
  • L.A Noire
  • Saints Row (SoonTM)
  • Star Link
  • Megaman 11
  • Okami HD
  • Yooka Laylee
  • DarkSouls Remastered
  • Wonderboy
  • DB Xenoverse & FighterZ
  • Overcooked 1 & 2
  • Celeste
  • Owlboy
  • Inside
  • Limbo
  • Dragon Quest Heroes (Not out in the west yet I think)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (SoonTM)
  • No More Heroes 3 (SoonTM)

And if you like sports I guess you can play FIFA or NBA

Either way, back on topic

This is weird and kinda dumb

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning