Nintendo of America

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Pimpmynintendo, Jun 30, 2008.

Jun 30, 2008

Nintendo of America by Pimpmynintendo at 5:45 PM (1,000 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Pimpmynintendo
    OP

Member Pimpmynintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why do I feel we get the short end of the stick here? I mean we are basically the only one without Club Nintendo. Everybody is already frustrated with the Mother 3 ordeal. Their excuse for Club Nintendo was that it would be too expensive to set up and that the US is bigger than most other countries(which I don't get either because Club Nintendo Europe is a collection of countries while here it would just be US and maybe Canada). I mean even Mexico has a Club Nintendo. And it also makes me sad about these things they think make up for it like for pre-ordering Mario Galaxy you got like a stupid coin. What do you guys think?

2. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    Shit happens.

3. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Well you get decent release dates... We just got Brawl last Friday while you got it 4-5 months before us...

I think it's too late for them to set up Club Nintendo in US...

4. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    We get SOME decent dates, but in a lot of cases in the last many years as far as handheld titles go europe has been doing pretty well with 1st party games being first.

Far as NOA goes I'd call it just being lazy horses asses about the entire mess. After they opened up shop in the EU as far as I was concerned their semi-valid looking 'large and complicated' argument was shot to hell. EU is the worst with so many damn languages, laws, mail issues, etc they have to bs around with whereas in the states you have a decent sized population with one language and one postal service.

5. Pimpmynintendo
    OP

United States
    Yeah I totally agree and I also think that the US doesn't have as many hard-core Big N lovers(and by that I mean hey I want every single edition of all these games and every/almost every color for each system which would mean less Club points for people). And you also can't forget that they NoA(not sure about other areas) no longer has a forum and they got rid of Camp Hyrule.

6. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I do recall they did one thing where if you registered a certain amount of Nintendo titles, you got a free Legend of Zelda Collection disc for the GCN, but that was like the only bonus I've ever seen them give.

7. Pimpmynintendo
    OP

United States
    It was actually 3 different ways.
    1. Gamecube bundled with it.
    2. Registering a GC and 2 Games.
    3. Subscribing/Renewing subscription to Nintendo Power

But it isn't like this was only in the states it was in Europe and Australia also.

8. PizzaPasta

Member PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

United States
    Yeah, right. Europe gets the shaft way more than North America. So what if they get a few bones thrown to them, I think they deserve it at this point.