• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,955
  • Replies 13
D

Deleted User

OP
medium.jpg

Just hours after SEGA announced plans to focus more on digital games, Nintendo decided to have a similar idea. Meet Duncan Orrell-Jones, your new Digital Strategy Executive. He will be responsible for planning out Nintendo of America's digital future, including eShop software, Miiverse, and digital sales. He has worked in the digital market for more than 19 years at the Walt Disney Company.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait what? He worked at Disney?

Is this guy really what the game industry needs? Just sayin. They are the ones who shut down Black Rock, the creators of Pure and Split/Second, and traded a new Sea Dogs like Pirates of the Caribbean that was already late in developement for the mediocre Tron Evolution.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy worked for Disney?...Oh it's the guy responsible for toon town having sub fees, lack of real updates and not fixing the bugs...Do Not Want! Worse thing to happen to Nintendo since they hired Reggie!

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy worked for Disney?...Oh it's the guy responsible for toon town having sub fees, lack of real updates and not fixing the bugs...Do Not Want! Worse thing to happen to Nintendo since they hired Reggie!
Apparently your body is not ready for reggie...
That aside, I like the idea of more people being around to put some halfway decent things into the eshop. More original games would be awesome, I haunt seen to many great things since pushmo and dillons rolling western

adrian2040

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Disney have had its shortcomings on the digital market, but I'm still angry at the fact they decided not to put "Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep" on the PSN.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hopefully their new digital strategy will include not restricting releases to once a week at the same time, improving the submission process to allow things to be published, and occasional sales to encourage impulse purchases.
The 3DS could also use gifting like the Wii had, just try and make it possible to gift games to other countries provided that country also has the game.
One of the big problems in particular was the release of digital titles in other regions, the waiting time between regions is sometimes several months. Compared to retail which is usually a few months these days, this is bad
Another problem is that when a submission is rejected for a small reason, this apparently delays the next submission assessment for a considerable time.

Problems like this is why Duyumania, developed for the DSiWare shop, was ultimately released as homebrew, the process was awful!
And this is also why Cave Story DSiWare never even reached Europe! At least we are still due to get Cave Story+ on the eShop, which should prove far superior to the DSiWare version.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disney have had its shortcomings on the digital market, but I'm still angry at the fact they decided not to put "Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep" on the PSN.
Isn't that more to do with Square Enix seeing that they made and published the game?

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that more to do with Square Enix seeing that they made and published the game?

No, IIRC Disney doesn't like to do digital distribution of their stuff. It wouldn't be squeenix, they have no problem with that.

Back on topic, hopefully this guy gets them to post up some snes or gba stuff. The nes 3d classics are about a joke and so is the flood of dsi ware.
How about some snes or gba 3d classics!!?
Maybe some new 3ds eshop games that aren't garbage and over priced?

Reactions: 1 person

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, IIRC Disney doesn't like to do digital distribution of their stuff. It wouldn't be squeenix, they have no problem with that.

Back on topic, hopefully this guy gets them to post up some snes or gba stuff. The nes 3d classics are about a joke and so is the flood of dsi ware.
How about some snes or gba 3d classics!!?
Maybe some new 3ds eshop games that aren't garbage and over priced?
As far as we know though, Ninty has no plans to let us play SNES or GBA games. Im still hoping for them to make those ambassador games available for purchase, but since they have "no plans to release them" I slightly hold on to hope for them. I say slightly because they also said there was no 3ds revision coming, and look what happened later? Hi XL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: