Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers (Eurogamer)

nintendo-logo-620x349.png

Eurogamer are reporting that Nintendo's upcoming NX will be a portable, handheld console with detachable controllers:

On the move, NX will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display. So far so normal - but here's the twist: we've heard the screen is bookended by two controller sections on either side, which can be attached or detached as required.
Then, when you get home, the system can connect to your TV for gaming on the big screen.
A base unit, or dock station, is used to connect the brain of the NX - within the controller - to display on your TV.

nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers-146954365832.png

:arrow:Read the full article with a lot more info here: Source

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How... does that contraption work/fit into your pocket?
Hard to tell since it really was not drawn to scale but it probably will be smaller but who knows it is all conspiracies at this point. Personally I am interested how the processor will work as the Nvidia Tegra processors are quite weak for modern console gaming.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is proof that nintendo only gives a fuck about japan :glare:
Even though this is a rumor? The NX cant be this if it can run next gen games like sonic

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait so i'm the only person who likes this design?
k den
Nah, I like it too, like a slimmer wii u. Looks comfy for small hands too.

Hard to tell since it really was not drawn to scale but it probably will be smaller but who knows it is all conspiracies at this point. Personally I am interested how the processor will work as the Nvidia Tegra processors are quite weak for modern console gaming.
The X1 is pretty powerful.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Images got added after I posted it.
Damn if I see it like that, that thing is hideous...

Hmm, I don't know, mobile CPU/GPUs etc are getting better and better every month.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The Android device I've always dreamed of... With the tiny issue of it not actually being Android based.

Hopefully the 'boffins' at Shenghen(?sp) will make a clone quickly enough.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though this is a rumor? The NX cant be this if it can run next gen games like sonic

The X1 is pretty powerful.

Hmm, I don't know, mobile CPU/GPUs etc are getting better and better every month.

The X1 still is very bad for console gaming if Nintendo wants to have current powered specs to attract devs but the X1 just isn't powerful enough. Likewise I worry about power consumption on the mobile side as to my knowledge it has not really been used for mobile systems (i.e. tablets) unlike the K1 or Tegra 4 was.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
eurogamer are always spot on
Yeah, sure they are. How about proving at least 5 times they were?

The X1 still is very bad for console gaming if Nintendo wants to have current powered specs to attract devs but the X1 just isn't powerful enough. Likewise I worry about power consumption on the mobile side as to my knowledge it has not really been used for mobile systems (i.e. tablets) unlike the K1 or Tegra 4 was.
Ill have to do further research to answer that one.

Reactions: Deleted User

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sure they are. How about proving at least 5 times they were?

Ill have to do further research to answer that one.
I know as I had been following what Nvidia has been doing on android since the Tegra 4 but still I could be wrong but seeing from what android tv type systems can run i dont think i am too off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1