1. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja Listening to a song ad nauseam

United Kingdom
    I dont get the optimism for this console (if the rumour is confirmed to be true.) It wouldnt make sense for third parties to support a portable. How the fuck do you play just dance on a portable?

Zense likes this.
  2. FrozenDragon150

FrozenDragon150 Notorious Coffee Drinker

Venezuela
    No, they have to appeal to everyone, you're not looking at the bigger picture. The second they gain the attention of the masses, they got this in the bag, look at the Wii and DS

Memoir likes this.
  3. TheDarkGreninja

United Kingdom
    The wii and DS were perfect for their time. Right now, the core market is where its at. Just look at the god damn ps4.

4. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Netherlands
    'Heh, didn't think about that. I'd assume the resolution would be lowered or something.
    Thing is, there's already devices that use the X1 and they don't have much of these problems. Don't forget,
    despite the PS4 being a home console it also has to deal with cooling. That PS4 tech demo isn't gonna be exactly
    true to heart either.

5. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

Pakistan
    Thanks Nintendo!!!! hand held consoles are the best!!!

Darkrai and xfxmrl like this.
  6. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Why does it have to be Just Dance? Why can't it be games like Dark Souls? Call of Duty? BATTLEFIELD. Dirt. There's a shit ton more third party software than just dance.

7. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

United States
    Why do the controllers have circle pads, but one has a d-pad and one has buttons? This cant be the final design if the controllers can't even function. By the looks of it, there's less buttons than a 3ds! You know, this reminds me a lot of the design that inspired the Wii U gamepad. You can find it in this dykg episode at 2:39.

8. TheDarkGreninja

United Kingdom
    But the demo is playing on the console so cooling is already put into play.

9. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

United States
    This is just a rumor, I'd rather wait until the official reveal, not putting any stock to this.

Boogieboo6 and TheDarkGreninja like this.
  10. TheDarkGreninja

United Kingdom
    God, I was talking about how a confirmed game for the NX could play on this portable.

11. FrozenDragon150

Venezuela
    Thing is, the core market is small. They want sales, so they want a hybrid console they can pump full of games, while also neutralizing the threat of the shrink in the portable market WHILE also capitalizing in the rapidly growing mobile market

12. DutchyDutch

Netherlands
    I don't even think the demo is running on the console. It most likely is just running on the gpu and maybe a different CPU.

13. TheDarkGreninja

United Kingdom
    How can it capitalise on a market it has nothing to do with? The only thing it has similar with any mobile phone is a chip , not an os. The portable market is the only thing this can exist in.

14. sneef

sneef GBAtemp Regular

United States
    why is this bad? i've only read the first page of comments, but they're almost exclusively "this sucks.. nintendo's making a huge mistake.. I'm not getting one".

of course the illustration looks dumb, but i'm sure it won't look like that.. the CONCEPT, however, sounds great to me..

how does this prove anything like that, at all? What relationship is there between the concept of a portable game console w detachable controllers, and Japanese consumers?

thanks, i'm actually curious, not trying to mock your comment or anything like that.

15. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    LOL

Shake the console and dance like a weirdo.

16. FrozenDragon150

Venezuela
    Wrong, Nintendo has stated that they want to merge console gaming with mobile gaming, doesn't necessarily mean it will run a mobile OS either

17. TheDarkGreninja

United Kingdom
    Source?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I recommend watching https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperTrevelyan/videos and following him on twitter, he provides and talks about really interesting evidence.

18. AceWarhead

AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    There are X1 devices that can sustain that level of performance in a portable form factor for a long period of time? nVidia Shadowplay doesn't count.

The PS4 has to deal with cooling only, it doesn't have to worry about sustained battery performance. And it still performs great; games on the PS4 are very beautiful.

All I am trying to point out is that yes, the X1 is capable of that level of performance, but the issue comes when, if these rumors are true, the console becomes portable, and has to work without a dock with potential cooling solutions. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if games look worse than the Wii U because of the desired portability.

19. DutchyDutch

Netherlands
    I think Nintendo call pull of some nice looking games though. They managed to get Smash Bros. on the 3DS, with it not being that far apart from the Wii U version (considering the 3DS is much much weaker)
    You also have RE:Revelations by Capcom, who managed to make a 3DS game look as good as a 360 game.

The thing the K1 devices are lacking now is dedicated developers. Most of it's games are either ports or android games that aren't made with a specific console in mind. Also, the android OS sucks for gaming. If we get big game developers to create and optimize games with the NX in mind, I'm sure it can beat the PS4 with a few games.

20. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Mexico
    I'm ok with that :3 I'll love to play Zelda wherever I go <3

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controllers, (Eurogamer), detachable