Misc Nintendo Network services aren't working (hacked vWii)

Colorcrims0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I installed homebrew in the vWii part of My Wii U about a year ago, and the system hasn't been able to connect to the eShop or update since. I haven't found anyone else with this problem, is it possible that I'm missing an extremely anxious fix? Please help, I'm desperate!

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
http://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-dos-and-do-nots-of-vwii-modding.339337/

DO NOT do, this stuff is just plain stupid and confirmed as not working and brick causing:
- Installing vWii IOS wad files on vWii packed from a vWii NAND dump using a program on your PC. The program used to create the Wad file is fake signing the ticket. While it install fine and seems to works fine on vWii, it bricks the Update feature of the WiiU Mode, and prevent reinstalling The Homebrew Channel on vWii!

You have to restore original IOSes in a lower than a 200 slots. And be careful doing this.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/error-162-3006-wii-u-vwii-not-updateing-fix.375269/

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Colorcrims0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was stupid a while back and thought it would be a good idea to format the system to see if that helped.
Needless to say it did the exact opposite, and now I'm somehow bricked out of Super Smash BRID brawl, and I can't reinstall Homebrew via smash stack.
It looks like I'm just gonna have to buy another Wii U entirely, at this point.

Reactions: Skizzlo

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was stupid a while back and thought it would be a good idea to format the system to see if that helped.
Needless to say it did the exact opposite, and now I'm somehow bricked out of Super Smash BRID brawl, and I can't reinstall Homebrew via smash stack.

Why didn't you follow the advice here instead of doing something that you have no clue what might happen

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dude. Stop what you're doing and slow down.

The reason that you're having issues is that you've installed a Wii version of IOS 58. This can be fixed by using a Lego game to re-install Homebrew, as they don't run off of IOS 58. Then, assuming you didn't TOTALLY f*ck up your vWii and installed correct cIOSs, you can us Multi Mod Manager running on IOS 249 to re-install vIOS 58 with a CORRECT version (you'll have to get it from someone, don't look at me, I still haven't had the time to dump mine yet... should probably get to that...) There is absolutely no reason to blow $250-$300 just to avert an easily fixable problem, especially since games like Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga go for around $10 in some places. (This is me not giving you a lecture on why you should have read the tutorials before you did anything)

Colorcrims0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a copy of Lego Batman, and reinstalled HBC via Bathaxx.
I keep trying to run syscheck, but this screen comes up whenever I try to show files from an SD card, or a USB drive. Does anyone know what causes this, and if they do, know how to take care of it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 300

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nand dump doesn't help.
IOS dump does, but you probably didn't dump all your IOS one by one using bluedump.

I have the same issue with syscheck on Wii (it crashes when I hit A to display the result).
it could be related to bad or missing IOS (I don't have IOS56 as I'm on 3.2E, don't know if it's an issue).

Saying you have issue to connect to eshop and that you have the crash issue than me (not having IOS56) make me think your issue is releated to that IOS. (that eshop require)
If you made proper vWii IOS dump like asked in tutorials, use a Wad manager to reinstall IOS56.
If you don't have a proper signed IOS56 dump, tell us. and DO NOT TRY ANYTHING until we tells you it's safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol