Nintendo needs to remake Mario Golf 64 for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Hanks6, Dec 21, 2011.

Dec 21, 2011
  1. Hanks6
    OP

Member Hanks6 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    one of my favourite multiplayer titles on the N64, heck one of my all time favourite games. i think this one would be absolutely ideal for a 3DS remake. I just saw some videos of Everybody's Golf 6 on the VITA and it looks INCREDIBLE! (i believe some of the devs for this series are people who used to be @ Camelot)

this would be a wise move for Nintendo, do the graphics with the 3d stuff etc but focus the core development on implementing a good online mode for the multiplayer - 8 player tournaments would be good, 4 player matches at the least.

The Wii never got a proper Mario Golf title, We Love Golf was the closest thing and it sucked bad. very simplistic, even by cartoon golf game standards.

2. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    i would not say we love golf sucked but it was decent i just hope if they remake mario golf i would love the cube one in there. or if the Wii U comes out re-relase it or something i loved mario golf when i came out i beated the stuffing out of that game to get all 118 birdie badges to unlock metal mario. but still it would be nice.

3. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    [​IMG]

That is all.

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Why remake? Why not release Mario Golf 3DS, with current-gen graphics and a contemporary engine rather than a stale doughnut? Nostalgia aside, would you rather play the new Mario Kart or a 64 remake-o-port again? I thought so.

1 person likes this.
  5. DJPlace

United States
    yeah i sort of forget about the start from scratch that would be cool. a new mario tennis with SMG courts or even a new golf with SMG courses would be cool now i feel like playing Mario Golf on GBC... oh well i need sleep so peace out!!

6. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Nintendo needs to do a lot of stuff lately...

I did really like golf games, so you are on your own. :P

7. Hanks6
    OP

United Kingdom
    because the team @ Camelot who worked on Mario Golf is no more...a ground up game with the Mario Golf feel would be difficult unless the Everybody's Golf team was to do it and I imagine they are locked into Sony. Camelot's effort on the Wii was very weak compared to the Gamecube and N64 Mario Golf's, probably because of this reason.

I say remake the N64 instead of the Gamecube because Ninty seem to love the N64 remakes, but either would be good. I actually thought the N64 Mario Golf was superior to Toadstool Tour, definitely more challenging. Better music too :D

And as nice as the new Mario Kart is, i'd still rather play Double Dash or MKDS . Having fun with the online mode, but no 'snaking' takes the hardcore element out of time trialling and generally being fast around the track.

8. DJPlace

United States
    the only reason i would love the 64 version to be remade is to have more people from the cube one. i mean they had some dull real people in there. but then again just have everything i guess.

9. Hanks6
    OP

United Kingdom
    i used to use Donkey Kong with his big ol' fade 275 Yard shots, what a monster :D

10. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Of all the remake ideas, I really approve of this. This game was the tits.

1 person likes this.
  11. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I hated Mario Golf. I thought it was too boring and overall just a shitty golf game.

12. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    I love Mario Golf! And Toadstool Tour; we own both. If the team that made them is gone, I guess at least a remake would be worth my money. I personally prefer Toadstool Tour, but either would be great. As for Mario Tennis, it just generally seems to boring...honestly. At least for Mario Power Tennis, it just seemed like everybody was using their super powers -that came bundled with little cutscenes- every 5 seconds.

13. ashxu

Member ashxu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    No.

Why would Nintendo waste time with something stupid like this? Golf, really?

I would rather have another proper Mario game than GOLF.

14. qdog82

Member qdog82 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well Camelot is developing Mario Tennis for 3ds, so maybe after they finished it, they could make a Mario Golf.

15. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    Golf? A bit niche, imho

16. avran89

Member avran89 ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!

United States
    They should have merged Mario Golf and Tennis' 64 versions together and called it "Mario Country Club"

forget about that, call it "Mario Clubhouse"