Nintendo must be pissed And do you think nintendo knows about GBAtemp?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Isaiah, Dec 19, 2008.

?

Do you think Nintendo knows about us?

1. Duh we're like the largest pirate society on the web!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nuh'uh we resort to pirate covert ops

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Isaiah
    OP

Member Isaiah The Conductor

Australia
    Hey guys do you think that Nintendo is pissed because I do. After the dsi being hacked (not us) and the anti piracy being worked around (not us) i bet Iwata and his crew are pulling their hair out! Also do you think Nintendo is aware that GBAtemp exists? [​IMG] Please vote in the poll

oh i just realised 100th post?!

2. Joshunar

Newcomer Joshunar Advanced Member

United States
    you are the dumbest temper i have seen in my short time here. if you payed attention to anything you would know that this website doesn't support illegal piracy in any way. i hope you never come back.

Merry Christmas,
    Joshunar

3. Dr.Norton

Newcomer Dr.Norton Advanced Member

Canada
    it does support illegal piracy, just not directly.. dont be so "dumb" yourself, we all know.
    thats like selling pipes and bongs at a store.. legally and saying "we dont sell weed though!" of course it will be used for tobacco (homebrew) sometimes but we all know the good shit is in the weed (ROMS) [​IMG] hehehe

Ho ho ho!
    lol Merry Christmas

4. lakaiskateboarding

Member lakaiskateboarding GBAtemp Regular

Yeah man, of course they are pissed. They do a lot to stop flashcards and mochips and even forced some shops to stop. But still, all Nintendo hardware is easily hackable and the fixes are most of the time pretty lame and easily avoidable. Nintendo dug their hole theirself because of their easily hackable scripts. And yes of course that is gonna result in piracy.

I don't think they are losing much money on Wii piracy since downloading iso's and burning them is more for advanced users and the standard people can't do that without good research. At the ds segment they are definitely losing much money, because piracy for the DS is a lot easier.

If they are angry with this site? Well they can be, but it isn't gonna affect us, since the site isn't doing anything wrong.

5. Isaiah
    OP

Member Isaiah The Conductor

Australia
    I dont know if im allowed to do this but meh

fix'd [​IMG]

6. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    No mini-modding.

===

I think Nintendo does know about this site. But they can do anything about us. We are just a site that talks about FlashCarts. We put homebrew in our flashcarts. We put media files such as pictures and videos.

Is anything in that list illegal? No.

And grats Kuraudo.

7. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    I'm actually a spy from the big N who's making sure that nobody posts any rom links. If I see one, I'm shutting this place down [​IMG]

8. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    I am also a spy; in fact, I'm Satoru Iwata. I am aware of this piracy headquarters and I think you filthy pirates will all be expecting a squad of ninjas on your front door tomorrow [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    I really do not think Nintendo gives to much a shit about piracy as it sells systems. They made over 500$ just on me because I would not have the systems in the first place if I did not have the ability to pirate.

The attempts they do to "stop" piracy is most likely just done to keep developers happy.

10. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    ...The hell?
    I'm Satoru Iwata! Who the hell are you?

11. Immortal Game

Member Immortal Game GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Of course they probably know about this site... they've probably got their lurking spies all over, but...

This.

12. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Does Nintendo know? Yes.

Will they acknowledge this? No.

Does it matter? Not really.

13. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If Nintendo didn't know about us GBAtempers,

How would they of known to make a firmware update to block hacked saves and all homebrew?

They made accounts and are signing in invisibly [​IMG]

EDIT:

OH SHOOT, 1,000TH POST!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

14. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Well I can't say that it sucks, heck like Nintendo do their worse! We actually making money for them! Look at how many people who bought a NDS, DS Lite and now DSi JUST because they can upload roms on the flashcards and homebrew.

Heck, Nintendo must be thanking us and we will never know the difference.

15. Link5084

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Did you guys know Nintendo actually has their own piracy website? Of course they know about GBATemp

16. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    AND IM CAMMIE DUNAWAY!!!!!!

17. omatic

Member omatic GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No, I don't think is Nintendo is pissed or very frustrated with this site, especially considering how well they're doing otherwise. Their execs are smart and /or experienced enough to know that everything has a work-around, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to them that new flashcarts are running on the DSi (temporarily), or games with added protection are being cracked. Anyone who thinks that any kind of software lockouts are going to last forever these days is very naive, and they haven't garnered this much success being naive.

Nintendo definitely knows about this site. One reason why I don't believe Nintendo is too serious about squashing piracy (right now) is because this site still exists, as well as many, many other long-standing rom-related sites and download sites. GBAtemp doesn't have to be doing anything explicitly illegal to get the owner(s) of the site tied up in a hellish mess of legal woes - simply look at the RIAA and how they've wrecked people's lives without even proving legal guilt.

Anyway, I doubt piracy is a top concern for Nintendo. I know they SAY it is, and they put on a good show, but they have to do that. If developers get the sense that the hardware manufacturer isn't doing / hasn't done enough to combat piracy, then they'll be wary about publishing on that system. Similarly, putting on that show might dissuade people who might pirate from doing so.

18. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hard to top the post above me, but here's my outlook. Yes, Nintendo does know about GBAtemp and the huge community here. Anything we talk about they know as well as we do (probably better). I also don't think this site will go anywhere because Nintendo can use this as an information portal for them to know what to expect and try to block it in firmware updates.

Even if Nintendo wanted to shut down the site they couldn't because (as stated before) we don't do anything illegal here. It's closely watched by the moderators if anything illegal is posted, and if it is it's quickly deleted.

Another thing people get confused with. Flashcarts are not illegal. It's what they can be used for that's illegal. It's just like a DVD-R. You can buy them anywhere and they're perfectly legal. But when you put copied DVDs on them that you didn't buy, it's illegal. Same thing with flashcarts. If you use them just for homebrew and backup games, it's legal, but if you use them for games you didn't buy, it's not. That doesn't mean the whole cart is illegal, just the ROMs you put on it. So Nintendo can't do anything about flashcarts either.

Man, that turned into a long post!

19. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Well, actually, the DSTTi is highly illegal.

20. kimit

Newcomer kimit Advanced Member

Canada
    So very true about the dvd analogy, i explain to my friends all the time, it's not illegal until you download the games