Nintendo: Mahito Yokota Composing New Zelda Titles

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Zekrom_cool, May 27, 2011.

1. Zekrom_cool
    OP

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
    [​IMG]

The composer behind the critically acclaimed The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has been revealed to be none other than Super Mario Galaxy composer Mahito Yokota. The news was revealed during the latest Iwata Asks segment and will inevitably be well received by the Zelda community as the soundtracks for the Super Mario Galaxy games were nothing short of amazing.

The composer of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time 3D has been revealed.

The name of the composer working on the two upcoming Zelda titles, Ocarina of Time 3D and Skyward Sword has finally been announced. Mahito Yokota has had the honours of providing two of Nintendo's most anticipated games with their soundtracks.

The news emerged in a new 'Ask Iwata' feature but, as Zelda Informer notes, details are sketchy at the moment as it is still in Japanese. However, it does seem to suggest Mr. Yokota has been working hard on remastering the original score and is taking advantage of the console's surround sound.

Mahito Yokota has previously worked on the Super Mario Galaxy soundtracks alongside Koji Kondo and considering how well received the soundtracks for both of those games were Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time 3D seem to be in safe hands. His music was featured in the new trailer released yesterday that has already wowed fans.

[​IMG] Source

2. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Blahhh you could have included this one in the other topic about "Zelda Universe" or the Ocarina of Time 3DS Thread.

Also, might I suggest you use this code:
    Code:
    [P= ]Your news here[/P]
    It will wrap your news and make it look a little better. I believe it's the format for news submits anyway but don't take my word for it lol

3. Zekrom_cool
    OP

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
    ok.

4. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    Sucks that he's just adapting the original's music to the 3DS.

5. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    It's not really that bad. I've never seen anything wrong with the old audio and in my opinion it has survived well. Although new tracks would be nice, I'd much rather have what's already familiar.

6. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I wasn't meaning new tracks, I meant same tracks but remastered, re-orchestrated or something.

7. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Sorry about that. When I say "new tracks" I mean re-orchestrated or whatever else. It's stated in the article that it's suggested to be remastered and suited for surround sound on the 3DS. Which still seems pretty alright but I guess they could still step it up some how.