• Start date
  • Views 1,297
  • Replies 12
D

Deleted_171835

OP
new%20super%20mario%20bros.%20wii%20header%20interview.PNG

QUOTE said:
A portion of an Iwata Asks: Vol. 2 interview with Iwata-san, Tezuka-san and Nakago-san...

Iwata: So in that sense, you could describe New Super Mario Bros. Wii as being the first straight-ahead evolution in the horizontally-scrolling 2D platform game since Super Mario World, with which it is comparable in terms of the attention to detail and care that went into it.

Nakago: I think that's right.

Tezuka: But I do sometimes wonder if we'll be making games along these lines far into the future. I get a feeling that we may do, but I don't know…

Iwata: (laughs) I feel that 2D Mario titles will definitely be made along these lines. I don't think there's any other way. Even when the three of you are really old... (laughs)

Tezuka: Even when we're really old? (laughs) I think that once we get a bit older, we won't have the stamina to allow ourselves to be sucked into games like we used to. (laughs)

All: (laughter)

I wonder when 2D Mario games will get phased out. I mean, it has to happen someday. Right?

Source: Interview

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that once we get a bit older, we won't have the stamina to allow ourselves to be sucked into games like we used to. (laughs)

That's when they will start making shorter games right?

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DaMummy said:
does anyone else think new mario wii was only made to test out new anti piracy stuff? which obviously worked for a good portion
Months of developments to test a new anti-piracy protection out which lasted 3 days?
rofl2.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Egonny said:
DaMummy said:
does anyone else think new mario wii was only made to test out new anti piracy stuff? which obviously worked for a good portion
Months of developments to test a new anti-piracy protection out which lasted 3 days?
rofl2.gif
Nintendo was using NSMB Wii as an AP test as well as... They're milking the frigging series.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know if NSMB Wii bombed, this conversation would be "Well, I think it's time for 2-D Mario to rest..."

Nintendo is just a big money-hungry cow. They only care about profit. Any games that the true Nintendo fans liked that wouldn't appeal to "casual" gamers (Star Fox, F-Zero) are phased out.

Wait until next gen when Nintendo gets beaten.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why should they stop with it, side scrollers can look good. It's not that nobody wants to play side scrollers, because of 3D.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kwartel said:
Why should they stop with it, side scrollers can look good. It's not that nobody wants to play side scrollers, because of 3D.

QFT.
I just read on Joystiq NSMB Wii sold 2 million already in the US alone.
Why change a winning team?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool